Chapter 10: Broken Minds (Part 1)

The six rangers regrouped at the plaza as the sun began to rise. Everyone but Cat and Es were out of breath. "I'm guessing you guys also had to escort people to their homes?" Iris asked as she was gasping for air. All of them were nodding their heads and saying things like "Yeah" or "Pretty much."

"Any signs of Asterio yet?" Ji-hoon questioned. The others shook their heads.

"Maybe half of us go and half of us stay here. That way he has backup and search for the explosives at the same time" Cat suggested.

"Haha! Think again rangers!" a playful voice said behind them. The rangers turned around and saw six more zodiac monsters. "Ugh seriously? Six more?!" Iris yelled.

"They're Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Capricorn, Aries and Taurus. Take one each!" Es commanded. Cancer was a humanoid crab and was able to create bubbles with her crab claws, which can trap anyone or anything.

Leo was a knight that had a lion head shaped shield and a normal sword.

Virgo is a bit like a siren except her voice summons in knight-mares and will keep doing so unless she stops singing.

Capricorn is a knight with horns on his helmet and a sharp sword in the shape of a fish tail.

Aries is a humanoid ram that is able to summon unlimited wool to trap her enemies in.

Taurus is a humanoid bull with very big horns. He's able to charge at any target at full speed and can even penetrate rocks with his horns. Elijah battled Cancer, Cat took care of Leo, Ji-hoon handled Virgo, Iris took Capricorn, Alex was attacking Aries and Es was left with Taurus.

Luckily the rangers had the upper hand. Elijah's arrows can penetrate the bubbles, which helps him with not getting trapped. Cat and Iris were more light on their feet and can dodge Leo and Capricorn's heavy sword attacks. Ji-hoon's whip can attack multiple villains at once, which helps him with battling all the knight-mares Virgo summons. Alex's whip helps to clear out the wool without touching it, and Es is faster than Taurus so she has a higher chance of landing a hit than him. "Remember, go for the pendents!" Es mentioned as she was avoiding Taurus's bull charge.

Asterio's POV:

"Kalol you're not like this! You have to break from the spell!" Asterio yelled.

"Puny ranger. My hypnotizing spell is unbreakable" Sir Metallica laughed maniacally. 

There has to be a way to break Kalol out of this hypnotism' Asterio thought to himself as he kept fighting. 'Wait, Sir Metallica used his sword on Kalol' He glanced over at Metallica and noticed that he still had his sword. He pushed Kalol to the ground and darted towards the knight. Metallica noticed and tried shooting at Asterio in hopes to hypnotize him but failed as he kept dodging. He got near enough to grab the sword but just as he was about to, Valoran tackled him into the ground, pinning him down.

"Ah good work Valoran. Now he'll be able to join us" Metallica chuckled. He aimed his sword at Asterio as the purple ranger was struggling to get out of Valoran's grip. 'Come on Asterio. How can I break him from the spell?!' he thought to himself. 'No don't tell me. Do I really have to kiss him out of this spell?! Oh dear lord I really have to don't I.'

"Any last words purple ranger?" Metallica questioned. "Just one," Asterio replied. He pushed Valoran off of his feet and pulled a reverse on him. Asterio demorphed and pinned him to the floor, immediately pressing his lips against his. "Ha! You fool. As if kissing can actually help-" The knight soon noticed that Valoran's head was surrounded in sparkles.

'Oh my stars that actually worked' Asterio thought to himself. Valoran fainted after the sparkles disappeared and the purple ranger morphed and got back up. "Rest easy Kalol." He faced Sir Metallica. "You will pay for your sins Metallica."