Chapter 13

"In our darkest hour, in my deepest despair...Will you still care? Will you be there? In my trials and my tribulations, through our doubts and frustrations. In my violence, in my turbulence. Through my fear and my confessions, in my angiush and my pain, through my joy and my sorrow, in the promise of another tomorrow, I'll never let you part. For you are always in my heart."

Michael held my hand everyday. He squeezed it blue and he couldn't even speak. I kept telling him I'd be fine. 

In truth, things weren't looking good.

The two gunshots had wiped out a lot of blood in my body. Surgery was needed to remove the bullets, and doctors feared brain damage or even my body going into Hypovolemic Shock. 

If something didn't happen soon, I was going to have to deal with life long issues.

So he did what he thought was right. 

He begged the doctors for my life. He told them he would do anything for a smooth sailing. 

He donated his blood. As much as I needed, and ultimately saved my life. 

And from this moment on, it was a lesson for the both of us.  

When I finally arrived home, I was incredibly weak. I worried about my own safety, and I feared that someone would try to take Michael's life. I was terrified to leave our home for months. For about a week, Michael would not let me out of his sight. 

Media had covered and captured the entire scene, and Michael demanded identification of the shooter. It seemed all too ironic, it was a series of events that only seemed to climax as time went on. 

It was the beginning of what felt like war for the rest of our lives.