Chapter 6

The five of us Jacksons, including Bubbles, celebrated the arrival of Grace and Mae in the in the Movie Theater in our pajamas. We ate popcorn and pizza, demolished all the various candies while sipping ice cold soft drinks. It must have been a huge treat to them. To once be given up and them be treated with tender love and given gifts. It didnt seem to be difficult and they jumped in right away.
By the end of the movie, the girls lay on the floor groaning. " What?" " Daddy, I ate too much...my stomach hurrts." moaned Grace.
He scooped them up and raspberried each one, making them giggle. " My three little angels! Lets get you tucked in bed!"
" No daddy!"
" No?"
" Read us a story!" Mae shouted.
" Sing us a song!!!!"
Michael looked over at me, " How about it mommy? A bedtime story and a lullaby?"
" Hmmmm.....I suppose." I chuckled, and we drove off to the main house in the golf cart.

When the theater was cleaned up I went into my room and stripped my clothes. It had been a long week for everyone...and being home made me feel better already.
I threw on a robe and looked into the girls room. I could hear A lot of giggling and yelling but after a while it was nearly silent. As all three girls gathered around Michael, Chrissie on his lap, as he read them the one and only bedtime story--Peter Pan. Do you see a trend in our house?
I looked much closer and they were all sound asleep. I watched at he carefully placed each one on their bed, and kissed them on the head. He left the night light on and walked towards the door.
" Were you watching me?" he asked.
" Yes. You are growing into being a great father, Michael. These children are so fortunate to have you as their guardian."
" I'm lucky to have you as a wife, toox God had blessed me with all these things. He has done well."