The Late Night Meeting

Hermione Jeans Granger happened to be very easy to find.

Pansy spotted that bushy head as soon as she set foot in the library. It was deep in a book around ten inches thick.

A history of Hogwarts. Again.

Granger. She stated as she sat down opposite the Gryffindor.

Parkinson. The other girl didnt even raise her head from the book.

Pansy took that as an acknowledgement.

I assume youve figured it out? The dark-haired girl asked.

Figured out what?

Their feelings.

Whos?

Pansy frowned. Did Granger really not know? She thought Potter wouldve told her already.

Potter and Dracos.

Granger stiffened. Pansy thinks that shed probably proved something Granger had hoped was fake.

Oh that, uh yes. Granger managed a small smile, Yes I have.

As expected from the top girl, Pansy smirked, trying to lighten the mood. This has been the most civilised conversation shes had with any Gryffindor ever.

They shared a glance.

So, what are you really here for? I doubt it was about questioning my knowledge and observations. Granger said calmly.

Of course. You see, while you had your argument with Weasley and Potter, Draco, my dear, just so happened to pass by that corridor. Pansy grimaced, As you can probably guess, he heard everything. Hes been in a horrible mood lately, refuses to eat or go to the classes with Gryffindors.

I wouldve thought Slytherins were stronger than that. Granger frowned, clearly mocking Pansy, but also concerned from her tone.

Dracos a Malfoy, hes never had many emotions in his life. All purebloods do that, they dont show affection, not even to their kids. Pansy sighed, thinking about her own childhood, They are really sensitive to things like feelings, thats why theyre always sharp towards others, they dont know how to show emotions, nothing but negative ever finds their way through their masks.

She doesnt know why shes telling Granger this, but from how Draco had said shed stood up for him yesterday, Granger wasnt that bad after all.

Granger nodded in understanding. Shes probably learnt a lot about pure-blooded wizarding families from books, was Pansys guess.

What do you suggest I do then? Granger cast a sideward glance.

Pansy chuckled, I knew you were the right person for this.

Granger snorted.

So, heres the plan

~~~

Screech!

The sound startled Harry and he jumped from his chair, with his wand in position. And let out a sigh of relief when he saw the brown owl outside the window next to his bed.

This is strange Harry murmured to himself, as he was the only one in the dorms at this time, everyone else had gone to dinner.

He carefully opened the window, as the owl was not familiar and looked pretty fierce. Its eyes pierced into Harrys, it sent shivers down his spine. But then the contact broke as the owl flew in casually, landing on the perch made of sticks next to Harrys trunk. And from those two seconds of eye contact Harry knew that whoevers owl this was, they must have trained it well.