Chapter 19

Denim's POV

Being with Luke was pure bliss. I felt light headed and happy whenever I was with him. Even just holding his hand was enough to send chills down my spine. I never thought it was possible to fall for someone this quickly.

He made me forget about Joe and all the hurt that came with my past relationship. He made me feel wanted again.

After travelling for about two days with regular stops in towns along the way to Cleveland, we were finally halfway where we stopped in Sterling, Colorado.

Matt had told us that we'd be staying at the Best Western Sundowner hotel because Phil needed proper sleep, which wasn't too bad. It was also pet friendly so there were many adorable little ones roaming the premesis.

We were also told that we could do whatever for the day so Luke and I decided to make a Vine while chilling in our room.

"Hey guys, Luke and I just wanna say that we love you," I smiled into the camera and nudged Luke, knowing he had to be reminded when his cue was because he was so bad at it.

"Andwereallyhopeyouhaveawonderfulday!" he said super fast and I just burst out laughing at his awkwardness.

"Can you get any weirder?" I asked, laughing my head off.

"Oh my god, Denim, dont post that!" he yelled, trying to grab my phone but I pulled it away at the last second. He grabbed onto my waist and pulled me onto the bed, still trying to get to my phone.

We froze as we realised our proximity, and I gasped a little as he took control and closed the small distance, kissing me deeply.

I couldn't breathe because of how overwhelmed I was. And it didn't take long for things to get heated.

He lifted my shirt over my head and kissed my neck, making me groan with pleasure. I removed his shirt, shivering at the feeling of his skin on mine.

My hands went to the button of his jeans, but he grabbed them with his own, pulling his lips off of mine.

He looked at me for a few seconds as we breathed hard, and then got up and left the room without saying anything.

Luke's POV

I ran a hand through my hair as I walked down the hallway to find room 105 where Ashton and Michael were staying.

I walked in to find Michael lying on his bed with a beer in his hand. He sat up as I collapsed onto the bed.

"Hey, Luke," he said. "How did you even get in here without a key card?"

"It was open," I mumbled, putting my arm over my eyes.

"Dammit! Ashton never locks. He has no respect for my safety! I could get raped or something," Michael complained but when I didn't laugh he said, "Tell Uncle Mikey what troubles you, dear Lucas."

I sighed before sitting up and saying, "Denim."

"Trouble in paradise already?"

"It was never paradise," I replied solemnly.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't feel... I don't like... I'm going to hurt her," I struggled but finally settled with a simpler answer.

"And what makes you think that?" Michael scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion.

"To be honest, I'm just using her for this bet, but I don't want to hurt her..." I trailed off.

"Because you care about her?"

"No. Because I care about..." I took a deep breath. "I care about Jaye."