Chapter 13

Denim’s POV

I was sitting on one of the couches in the boys’ dressing room with Jaye and Tyler and a few other people I’m assuming were the stage crew. We’d been given backstage passes and were waiting patiently for the guys to finish their last song of the night.

Like all of their songs, this one was super catchy and amazing! And no, we haven’t been sitting backstage this whole time, if that’s what you’re thinking. We were actually watching from a VIP roped off section, and damn. These boys really know how it’s done!

There was even a really cute part where they sang ‘Mrs All American’ and dedicated it to us. While they didn’t necessarily mention the word “girlfriends”, I think they made themselves pretty clear.

And to be honest I was more than happy to be labelled as Luke’s ‘girlfriend’. I mean, yeah, he was being a dick to my best friend almost all the time they were in the same room, but I think I could look passed that. Call me a bad friend, but she’d get over him. I was planning to get under him, if ya know what I mean.

So I guess I was attracted to Luke. For real.

“Look what I found!” Ty suddenly said, pulling a skateboard out of one of the closets. Ugh, boys got bored so easily.

He tested the wheels and then rode it, a bit unsteadily, but he soon got the hang of it. He was so cute. But the fact that he lived all the way in New York kind of sucked.

We heard Luke shout a very enthusiastic “Good night, LA!” above the guitar and drum resonances, and a screaming roar followed, and it was loud. That must be part of the reason why they wear earpieces.

After a few minutes they entered their dressing room, sweaty but still pumped. Until Ashton collapsed onto the couch. Which we all laughed at.

“My arms... are gonna… fall off,” he said between deep breaths.

“You were so good,” Jaye said, walking into Calum’s arms and giving him a big hug.

“I personally think we were all good, but if you want to single out Calum, be my guest,” Luke said with a frown.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Do you have to be an ass right now? Can’t you just enjoy the moment like everyone else?”

“Yeah, Lukey,” Michael said after grabbing a water bottle from the snack table. “Enjoy the moment.”

He glanced around the room, and probably noticed the many eyes staring at us, so he tugged on my arm and hugged me. “Sorry, babe.”

I, of course, couldn’t let the opportunity slip. I mean, if you have Luke Hemmings hugging you, you might as well have Luke Hemmings kissing you. So I pulled him into a kiss, one that he returned passionately enough and I was left a little breathless.

Jaye’s POV

It took all I had to keep the disgust off my face as Luke and Denim made out. At least Calum and I kept our PDAs semi-private. This was borderline torturous to watch, so I took Calum’s hand and pulled him to a place where we couldn’t see them.

He sat down on one of the couches and tugged me onto his lap.

“You’re so sweaty,” I stated, scrunching up my nose a little.

“It’s not the first time you’ve seen me all covered in perspiration,” he rolled his eyes but still smiled. He was probably referring to our gym date.