~~4~~

~~~George's POV~~~

We holed up for the night, Nick and I in one room, Niki and Wilbur in another (Lenny face), Fundy, Tubbo and Tommy together, and then Darryl, Zak and Vincent together. Techno and Clay had offered to take watch of our little pathetic wooden... I'd call it a house but I'd be lying, it's more of a shack than a house.

I rolled over in my bed, unable to sleep, the moonlight was streaming though one of the few windows we have and illuminating the room, Nick was snoring away- fast asleep, although he would occasionally twitch or murmur things as if he were having a nightmare.

I looked around once more, scanning the room for the thousandth time. Straight across from me was Nick and his white bed, a window high up to the left of me showing the full moon and numerous stars, and the door-frame on the right. There was no door yet, because we wanted to conserve our wood. 

I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling, mulling over the day's events.

After everyone calmed down, established and accepted we were in a game- We were in Minecraft- We had split into four groups, one group getting was dedicated to getting wood, tools, stone and other resources. That one consisted of Tubbo, Tommy and Fundy, who agreed that they didn't want to do much, especially since Tommy and Tubbo were only sixteen...

I'm 24, and I'm barely coping, they're not even technically adults.

Anyway, the other groups were Techno, Niki and Will- who were getting food. Darryl, Zak and Vincent were analysing the landscape around us and trying to map it, while Clay, Nick and I gathered ores. Although we had to get heaps- Considering there was eleven of us, we needed a lot for full iron armor, and tools. 

Sure, if we were speed running, maybe we could live without some boots, or a helmet missing. 

But we're not speed running. 

It's not our dignity on the line. 

It's our lives.

And none of us are taking chances. 

I heard footsteps from the hallway thingy we made, and I sat up instantly, reaching for the stone sword I had laid next to my bed, knowing I had no idea how to use it. 

But as the figure came into view I recognised their gait, their broad shoulders and white mask. 

"Clay..." I breathed, putting down the sword as he looked to me, seeing that I was sitting up in bed. 

"Can't sleep?" He whispered, making sure not to wake Nick as he quietly came over to me and sat down on my bed. 

I shook my head and scooched over, giving him room to lean back on the pillows, he placed his hands on his stomach and looked up at the ceiling. His mask covered everything but his lips and chin. 

And his goddamn dimples...

"George... We'll make it out of here. I swear it on my life. You'll make it out of here. If I have to die so you can leave, then I will. Nothing bad will ever come to you if you're around me." He half-whispered into the dark room. 

I inhaled a small but sharp breath. He was serious. He'd give his life for mine. 

"C-clay... Promise me. Promise me. You won't die here." I said, shakily. 

He just grinned. 

"Get some sleep Gogy." 

I sat up. 

"Clay. Don't. Fucking. Die." I hissed, looking down at his stupid mask, at where his eyes should be. 

The grin on his mouth disappeared, and I could see his eyebrows sink into a slight frown.

"G-george...?"

"Clay... Clay please."  I begged.

He hesitated, but nodded slightly. 

"Okay..." He said softly, "Okay I promise."

I sighed... and laid back down next to him. 

"I- I need you Clay. You're my best friend. I don't- I don't know what I'd do if you died. I'd go insane. I'd give up. I don't even know..." I breathed into the darkness. 

He shifted, and placed an arm around my waist, I blushed madly, but hoped it was too dark for him to see my face.

We stayed like that for a while. 

Until Nick sat up, sweating buckets, and basically screamed out Karl's name.

~~~Sapnap's POV~~~

"Do you trust me?" I hissed into his ear. "Do you trust me Karl? Are you afraid of me Karl?"

I pulled back, looking at my beautiful man. He was mine.

Mine. 

His gorgeous blue eyes were, dark, and afraid. So very very afraid. I don't want him to be scared of me.

Why is he scared of me?

I gave him everything- EVERYTHING HE WANTED.

WHY IS HE SCARED OF ME?!

"I trust you Nick... I'm not afraid of you." He gulped, shivering. 

I chuckled darkly. 

Liar.

"Liar."

"W-what? Nick I don't-"

"YOU'RE A LIAR!"

I grabbed him, I grabbed my beautiful man and pulled him off the edge of the cliff- I held him close to my chest as he screamed. 

"Shhh... Don't scream baby... It'll be over soon..." I comforted into his ear.

He thrashed in my arms as we hit the water, as I pulled him down. 

The lake kept on going and going. 

This was a mercy. 

Am I not merciful?

Doing this for him?

Ending this for him, giving him the sweet sweet release that he needs. 

A liar deserves a truth. 

The truth for a lie. 

Truth is, this world is cruel. 

So I'm saving him from it. 

Is that not what love is?

He feebly hit me, trying to swim up. 

But the lake kept going. 

He eventually stopped fighting.

"Trust is breakable Karl..." I hissed into his ear, even though we were underwater.

"Just like you."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"KARL!!!"

I would never do that I would never do that I would never do that I would ne-

"Nick?!" I turned to see Clay and George coming over to me, pulling me into a hug.

It was Clay, my oldest and closest friend, who whispered into my ear-

"Nick it's okay... Shh... We love you it's okay you'll be okay. You're amazing and kind and talented and we love you.."

They held me as I cried.

I just miss Karl.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Join my discord and follow me please?

https://discord.gg/F3ERfUZ

There's a link in my announcements and a link in my profile info if this doesn't work. If you like the story please vote :)