~~5~~

~~~Karl's POV~~~

I stopped. 

I just stopped. 

Staring blankly at the TV, which was showing the news, the breakfast on my spoon halfway towards reaching my mouth, I froze. 

The commotion coming from the kitchen made by Jimmy, Chris, and Chandler- My current roommates- Also halted as our friends names were mentioned.

". . . Witnessed by tens of thousands of people on platforms Twitch and YouTube alike, eleven of the most popular streamers disappeared while playing Minecraft on a growingly popular "Dream SMP"- A Minecraft server set up by one of the fastest growing creators on YouTube- Dream, also known as Clay. He vanished along with friends George Davidson, Nicholas 'Sapnap' Armstrong, Thomas 'Tommyinnit' Simons, Toby 'Tubbo' Smith, 'Technoblade', Will 'Wilbur' Gold, Nikita 'Nihachu', Darryl 'BadBoyHalo' Noveschosch, Zak 'Skeppy' Ahmed and Vincent 'A6D'. Mojang, the creators of ever popular game Minecraft, have been looking into where these streamers have gone. Some people think. . ."

I didn't hear anything else she said. 

It didn't really matter anyways. 

Nick.

They couldn't find Nick. 

That's why he wasn't at the park... At our date the other afternoon. 

I thought he forgot about me.

That's why he hasn't been responding to my messages. 

Because he's fucking gone. 

Gone.

". . . Karl?" Someone touched my shoulder lightly, I looked up to see Jimmy standing there, Chris and Chandler behind him. "Are you okay buddy? We know you were close with those guys. . ."

I put my spoon back in the bowl gently, standing up slowly. They backed up a little, Chris and Chandler sharing a look. I looked at the three of them, then got out my phone and looked at my background- A picture of me and Nick, Nick has his chin on my head, and his arms around my shoulders, we were both smiling. 

I remember that day- It was when we went to the UK to visit Gogy. 

"Karl! Hurry up!"

I scowled in Nick's direction, not taking my eyes off the gorgeous lake in front of me. 

"Shup up Nick! I wanna photo! It's pretty!"

He came over to me reluctantly, slouching, as grumbling as he did. I watched him out of the corner of my eye as he braced his elbows on the bridge. "We said we'd meet George in like half an hour come onnnnnn Karly Poo."

I blushed slightly at his adorable nagging.

I got a few photos before sighing.

"You done?" He asked, teasing and annoyingly impatient. 

I laughed, "One more?"

He frowned and huffed, "Okay, make it quick."

Without questioning what I was about to do, I grabbed his hand, pulling him towards me so that our backs were facing the lake, and switched to the front facing camera. He immediately went along with it, placing his chin on my head and arms around my shoulders. 

I blushed some more, before saying "Cheese!" We both laughed, for some reason we found it hilarious, all the way until we got to George, who took one look at us and said, 

"If you two are staying here, don't fuck too loudly. I need sleep y'know."

We looked at him, then each other, and then cackled some more, Nick responding with a wheezy "No promises."

I pulled myself back to the present. 

Back to reality. 

A reality without him.

He- He's not dead... is he?

My life flashed before my eyes, but without Nick. 

My future flashed before my eyes, but without Nick. 

There wasn't much of it. 

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked up at my friends once more, they were blurry. 

My face was wet. 

Then I remember being engulfed in loving arms, shushed and comforted. 

The pain was still there though. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Aaagghh poor Karl. ;-;

Hi sooo.... Here's my discord (I'll put one in the comments too, there's one in my profile description and announcement feed also.)

https://discord.gg/fR8urTB4s3

This chapter's a little shorter than what I'd normally do- sorry about that- uh- idk. 

Anyways, If I don't update before then- Merry fucking Christmas! I hope you all have amazing days, this year was shit, but it gave me the chance to start this account, so I'm grateful for that, and you guys! My readers! I love you all. If you love me back please vote and share this story :)

Have an amazing day/night! ^^