Kara Zor-El

Kara Zor-El.

She was supposed to be the youngest member of the Science Guild ever. It was a huge achievement for her and her family were so proud.

Just before she could go into the field that was started by her house, her world ended.

Literally.

Krypton was drilled to its core and the planet exploded. Her mother, Alura, and her father, Zor-El, sent her to Earth in a pod to protect her baby cousin Kal-El.

The red sky, once beautiful, was now nothing more than an ominous sign that will forever be burnt into the young girl's mind.

"My beautiful girl, we love you but you have to go. You have to protect your cousin."

Alura held her daughter as she spoke to her, "we will be with you forever." Alura took off the necklace that was around her neck and put it around her daughter's

She brought her hand to her daughter's cheek as she spoke softly, "Your father programmed your pod, so you won't be alone. It won't really be us but it will be very close to the real thing. They will know whatever you need to know."

Kara had a never faulting smile even as tears fell down her cheeks. "I will make you proud ieiu."

Tears fell down Alura's face as said her goodbye, "No matter what you do, I'll be proud. But you must go now, sweetie."

Kara ran to Alura one last time crying into her neck. "I don't want to go. I want to stay with you guys."

Alura held her daughter, "I know. But you must go. You must protect him. You have to live."

Alura put Kara in the pod. She kissed her daughter's hair as she whispered in her ear, "Goodbye, little one."

Zor-El came up behind his wife, just as she said her goodbyes to their daughter. "Inah, my smart girl. You are made for great things. When you get to this planet, Earth, you will be under a yellow star. And this will grant you powers beyond any other being there. You have to be careful, little one."

Kal-El's pod flew off, leaving the crystal hanger, ... it was time. Kara Zor-El had to leave Krypton.

"ehrosh Inah."

Kara Zor-El's pod got knocked off course by Krypton's explosion, sending her ship into the Phantom Zone where she 'slept' for 24 years, while being suspended in time and not ageing.

Zor-El programmed Kara's pod to keep Kara up to date with everything everywhere. Every knowledge known to mankind was told to her by holograms of her parents.

By the time her pod escaped the Phantom Zone she not only knew everything that she needed to know. And more. But her whole reason for leaving her home didn't need her.

She watched her whole world die for a Kryptonian who was more human than Kryptonian. A 'person' who didn't want her.

Kal-El wore her family crest. 'El Mayarah'. Stronger together. Saving the people of earth- yet left her in the care of strangers. So much for El Mayarah.

The Danvers' took Kara in and helped her navigate human life. From the glasses that helped keep her in control of her powers to friendships that could last forever. Kara and Alex Danvers didn't get along at first but Alex was the only person to calm Kara down. The only person to keep Kara grounded. Alex helped Kara. Helped her feel at home on this new and strange planet.

Earth had become a second home but the pain and the burnt memories stayed with her, and everyone wanted her to be human.

She wasn't though.