Confessions

| December 1st, 2020 |

[ That moment when your crush finds out you had a fanfic story idea for Nagito and now you've deleted all story ideas you've had for Wattpad while trying to explain that you prefer writing for other people, not for yourself but they don't buy it and now you want to die in the most painful way because of how fucking embarrassed you are and now you wish to just be nonexistent and debated deactivating your account because you don't want them to find you.

[ Don't worry, I'm not gonna deactivate it-

[ So anyways, have an update- ]

~ Classic Sans ~

It was Friday evening when Sans was walking home with you. The fresh air being pleasant as leaves crunched under their feet, soft humming coming from the (h/c)-haired human beside him. Sans felt nervous. He never really expected that he, the laziest monster of the Underground, would be asking someone out on a date, much less a human.

Before coming to pick you up from work, he had been looking up tips and advice on what to do when confessing to your crush. He practiced in the mirror, thought about what he wanted to say, and practiced breathing in and out carefully to calm his nerves. However, it still did not help this anxious feeling that traveled throughout his bones, and the serious case of butterflies where his stomach would be did not help as well.

"Such nice weather this evening. I can't wait until my favorite holiday comes." Sans looked up at (Y/n) with a curious glance.

"What is your favorite holiday, (Y/n)..?" Looking at the short skeleton, the human gave a small, yet happy smile.

"Why, Halloween of course! I enjoy the spooky atmosphere, the creepy decorations, and people's creativity through those decorations or costumes. Plus, it gives me a reason to dress the way I want without feeling judged." [ I apologize if it isn't your favorite holiday, I just thought it would be fun- ]

"Halloween, huh? Isn't that at least a good month away?"

"Still doesn't mean I can't be excited for it, lazybones." Sans gave a small chuckle at your statement.

"Well, I suppose you're right, kid." You playfully rolled your eyes. Despite being a young adult, he still proceeded to call you the silly nickname.

"You know I'm not a kid, Sans. I'm just barely older than you."

"Well, what should I call you then?"

"Anything you want." After a moment of silence, Sans took a deep breath and shot his shot.

"Can I call you mine then...?" The two of you stopped walking, your cheeks quickly grew warm as you looked over at the skeleton.

"What...?"

"I-! Listen, okay, that wasn't part of the plan but I just-!" With a groan of frustration, Sans did his best to explain as much as possible. "Listen, ki-(Y/n), I just...I really, really like you, love you even, and I was wondering if I could...maybe take you out on a little date tomorrow...?"

Your cheeks felt as if they were on fire, your heart pounded in your chest as you looked over at the boney monster in front of you, whose cheekbones were covered with a dark blue. Giving a small smile, you gave him a nod.

"I would love that, Sans."

"Wait, really-? You're not disgusted or offended or-"

"Sans, why would I ever feel like that?" You cut him off as you walked closer to him. "I care about you so much. I'm happy to accept going on a date with you, you numbskull." You then proceeded to hug the shocked skeleton, who hesitated to wrap his arms around you for a moment. After a minute, he then held you as close as possible, a happy smile on his face as tears pricked at his eyes.