Chapter 11 - Sacrifice.

It had been a week now and Naraku was dragging you back to your cell and opened the door before he throw you in. Rin moved to you. You looked at Naraku as he locked you both in.

"Have a good night. Tomorrow you will make more and you will do it in here. I will not be dragging you to and from the cell anymore." He says and leaves. Rin helps you sit up.

"Jovanka, what did he mean?" Rin asked. You look at her and smile, pulling her into your lap and you held her.

"Nothing Rin. Just promise me when he comes, you will close your eyes and cover your ears and hum your pretty song till I pull you to my lap." You say. Rin nods and leans on you. You then see a female with black hair and feathers in her hair walk up and place down a bowl of rice and cup of water. It had been Naraku who would bring the food and water for the past week.

"For the child." She says and leaves. Rin moves and grabs it.

"Why just for me? Where is yours? Why do they never bring you any?" Rin asks as she sits on your lap again. You smile.

"I...ate with him. Eat up OK Rin." You say. Rin nods and starts to eat. You looked at the bars and wondered how long it would take before someone rescued you and Rin.

The next day, Naraku came and made you make demons in the cell. Rin did as you ask and hummed her song with her eyes closed and ears covered.

He did that every day for two more weeks, three in total so far. He had just left and you wiped your eyes. The pain was getting worse and you were very hungry and thirsty. You had water yesterday and food a few days ago. You looked at Rin and grabbed her, pulling her to your lap. She then looks up at you and you hold her close.

"(y/n)...Why aren't you eating or drinking as much as I am?" Rin asked. You didn't say anything for a bit.

"It was a deal I made. He was going to let you die." You say. Rin looked at you with worry in her eyes.

"I couldn't let my Rin die. I begged him. He said he would give you food and water everyday if I ate only once every seventh moon and drank every other day." You said. Rin moved and had tears.

"But then you will die." She said. You smiled at her.

"No Rin. I will be fine and its worth it. Your worth it." You say. Rin started to cry and hugs you. You hug her back and cry also. You then feel shaking and look around. The walls shook and dirt fell from them. Naraku walked over and opened the cell.

"Hold the child or you will never see her again." Naraku says. You hold Rin close to you and he grabs you under your arm, making you stand.

"Kagura, take them to the south castle." Naraku says. Kagura nods and plucks one of her feathers and she gets on it. Naraku makes it you get on it behind her.

"Go." Naraku says and Kagura flies off. You look at the ground and see that your already high into the air. You look and see Kagura wasn't even looking at you. You looked down at Rin, then the ground again.

"Rin, trust me." You whispered. You felt Rin nod and you hold her tighter. You then rolled off the feather, falling. You made sure your back was to the ground. The fall would kill you but if you timed it just right, You could throw Rin upward just as you hit the ground and she would survive by landing on you. You looked down and saw it coming fast. You let out a tear but as you fell, you saw something jump from the trees. It caught both you and Rin, landing on the ground safely.