7-blood to share

JAY

Biting my lip, I glanced down at her, feeling her lean her chin on my shoulder. I met her gaze, my eyes devoid of any emotion, no hint of feeling in those familiar, hazel orbs. Blood thumping in both my temples and my cock, my mind swims with bad thoughts and my tongue is bitter with the taste of bad decisions.

"Your target is moving," she informed me, prompting us to pivot and observe the scene unfolding on the other side of the dance floor. The music still pulsed around us, but my focus shifted entirely to her words.

"I should let you go," I murmured, releasing Inna from my grasp. "It seems he's heading towards the bathrooms," she confirmed, her voice a quiet assurance.

"Then I should follow suit," I replied, my words barely above a mumble. We continued to sway, our movements synchronized, until I let go of her. Inna stumbled slightly, catching herself on another man who had been watching her intently. He wasted no time in making his interest clear, inviting her to dance. I could hardly ignore the scene unfolding before me, though my feelings seemed to vacillate between anger, jealousy, and a hint of something more primal.

Then I watched her accept another man's offer to dance with her.

"Sure," she accepted, her voice carrying a mixture of readiness and reluctance. They began dancing, but Inna's gaze never left me. I couldn't help but wonder about her motives—was it curiosity or something else?

The man's hand traveled up and down her back, making her shiver and made me angry. As the man's hands roamed over her, drawing her uncomfortably close, I clenched my jaw. I needed to stay focused on my task, on Petrov, and not let my emotions get the better of me. I'm not a patient man, never have been. Nor am I used to following young women down empty roads without their knowledge. Not really my bag.

But I hate this.

I hated her for this.

the idea of trailing behind a young woman, unnoticed and unseen, down deserted roads goes against the grain of my very being. It's not the sort of thing I typically find myself doing.

But there was something about her, something that set my blood ablaze and quickened my pulse in a way I hadn't felt in a long time. Perhaps it was the sway of her hips as she walked, or the subtle curve of her smile that hinted at secrets untold. Whatever it was, it drew me in like a moth to a flame, igniting a fire within me that I couldn't ignore.

Now back to my target.

Keeping an eye out for any signs of Petrov. The mansion was vast, and opening doors seemed a reasonable strategy to locate my target.

My breath hitched as I spotted Petrov, his back turned to me, just as he locked a door to a stockroom. I had been shadowing him, stalking him to this location.

"Finally found you," I hissed, my voice low and edged with a predatory tone. I circled around him, my arms enveloping his throat, my grip tight and unyielding. I relished the panic in his eyes, the realization dawning on him.

"Got anything to say before meeting your demise?" I taunted, a wicked grin playing on my lips. He tried to speak, to resist, but I silenced him with a harsh "Shh, you won't be needing words."

His attempts to negotiate, to bargain, were in vain. "Who are you?" he managed to choke out, his voice desperate.

"Your sins," I replied, savoring the fear that danced across his features. He knew he understood who I was—the infamous Sin.

"You are Sin."

"The one and only."

"Who sent you? I can pay you more," he pleaded, his voice tinged with desperation.