Mission Gone Wrong

"Four months and and seven kidnapping attempts!" You grumbled, storming into the large blue apartment. You clutched an ice pack to the new black eye you had revived from the enemy during the attack.

"It could be much worse young one. I once protected someone who had seven assassination attempts in a week." Obi Wan chided as he followed you into the room.

You plopped yourself down on the couch and closed your eyes, laying your head on the back of the seat, relishing in the feeling of the cool ice pack against your throbbing eye.

"Besides, you made it out much better then he did." Obi Wan reminded you as he sat down on the opposite couch.

You smiled pleasantly, remembering how you had kicked the enemy's feet out from under him. A move Obi Wan had been teaching you for a while.

"I was pretty awesome, wasn't I?"

"It is not the way of the Jedi to brag."

"Well," You added, standing up and walking to the bathroom. "I'm not a Jedi."

I beg to differ. He thought to himself as he watched you walk away.

You stood in front of the mirror and removed the ice pack from your face. "Ugh, I look pathetic!" You whined staring at your reflection.

"Bruises are merely badges of honor." Obi Wan called from the other room.

You winced as you tried to touch the purple skin. "Well then I just received the god damn Presidential medal of freedom!" You shot back.

"It could have been much worse y/n. If it weren't for your training you would most likely be in sepritist hands right now, a black eye is a small price to pay."

You sighed and placed the ice pack down on the bathroom counter before turning to walk back to the couch. noticing the ukulele laying on the couch, You bent down and picked in up. You sat down in the place where it had just been and began to play some chords, not really worrying about the strumming or chord pattern, just enjoying the soothing, random, progression of sound.

Obi Wan raised an eyebrow at you.

You shrugged. "I find playing calming." You said answering his unvoiced question. "And I need calm after an attack like that."

"I don't hear you play very often."

You watched your fingers play a quick picking pattern "I normally do it when I have down time, here by myself."

"Will you play me something?"

You paused your playing and looked up at him with great interest. "What do you want to hear?"

"Why not something from Earth?"

You smiled. "I only know songs from Earth."

There was a still silence as you contemplated what to play. Without a word, you stood up and jogged over to a nearby table, grabbing your capo and placing it on a fret. You started playing before you even sat back down.

Never good just the bad and the ugly,
Laid in front of you.
Nothing quite like seeing the world through the TVs window.

Obi Wan stared at you in total awe. Watching you perform was exquisite. The words falling off your tongue and combining with the music to create a wonderful melody was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

I can't stop thinking about it.
Tell me did you see the news last night?

Hold me in this wild, wild world.
Cause I'm your warmth I forget how cold it can be,
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get.
So draw me close.