Chapter #30: SOME OLD REGRETFUL MEMORIES

Farhan somehow managed to stop Jimmy. He climbed down stairs and lit the cigarette. He realized that he was sitting on their breakfast table.

It reminded him the time when his house which was once full of life and happiness but now it was like a graveyard completly empty and Silent.

The loneliness of the house was like asking him why!!

He could see himself running in the house and his mother chasing him when he was a child. He could his family enjoying their dinner with meaningful conversation.

He could also heard his family members voices someone screaming for food while some having conversation.

That table reminded him of his childhood. He stood up and approached the store room. It was cold, small and dark with some old useless Junk in it. He turned on the light and sighted his old bicycle while nicotine dissolving in his blood.

His mind sequeled a memory:

"Honey!!! Please open the door!!" Farhan had locked himself in the storeroom sitting in the corner while his head down. He was in his teenage wearing a glittery cone shaped hat.

It was a winter's night and it was snow outside.

He was dressed as a birthday boy.

"Open the door, Mom loves you" She was worried for him. She was trying to open the door.

"No, I won't open the door" he replied in his childish voice.

"Everything's ready!! Let's enjoy your birthday" Brithday cake was on the table with his name designed on it with chocolate and colorful candles.

"Why father always do this to me?" He asked innocently.

"Daddy loves you!! He must have some work to do"

"Did I ever requested anything from him? Tell me mom!" It was a childish question.

"No! Honey! I know that but.." She answered politely.

"I only asked him to be back home early today because it was my birthday! He does not loves me!!"

"Mommy and Daddy loves you! We will punish daddy together but please open the door" she insisted.

"No, I hate you. I won't open the door" he kept sitting while his mom knocking at the door.

Farhan had regrets and closed his eyes when he heard that his bitter childish statement. He walked out of the room and saw his mom sleeping at the door the whole night.

"I had always hurt you!" He mummered to himself.

He was observing his home which he had left. He entered the garage. He saw his car covered with fabric sheet. He uncovered his car and saw his car in very bad condition.

It reminded him of his fight with Ryan. The windows and widescreen of the car were still broken with dents. He puffed the cigarette. He remembered How Kristin was involved in his fight.

He opened the door of his car.

"Is this your car?" Jimmy asked him as he approached him.

"It was. We were very happy when Mom gifted it. It was indeed a great time" Farhan answered him sadly.

"I am sorry bro!! For all that shitty talk" Jimmy was regretful.

"No, you were right. I am a fucking coward but sometimes you have to be coward!!" He turned to Jimmy.