2. Robert's curse

In the cozy and familiar cafe, Soraya was having dinner with friends. Jane, the cafe's owner and Soraya's bestie, with a petite build, dark green eyes and auburn hair; Linsay, with honey coloured eyes and light brown hair; Meghan with her brown eyes and dark blond hair.

-Is Liam coming?-Jane asked.

-He can't come tonight. He has work to handle. Sorry, Soraya.

-Don't sweat it, Meghan. Work is work. 

-----------

-So you're twenty-five already - said Linsay.

-Aha. One year more-said Jane.

-But you're still single, Soraya. Since you dumped that stupid-ashole-shit-like-head Robert -said Meghan.

-Say, how many years have passed since then?-Said Linsay.

-Five years.

-So you've it clear.

-Do you want me to tell Liam to introduce you to someone?

-I don't know. These years I haven't met anyone good. 

-Do you believed he cursed you or something?

-Who knows.

That's right. I, Soraya Quinn have had a shit luck with men for the last three years. But all this started three years ago when I wanted to surprise my boyfriend of two years, Robert. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December twenty fourth, five years ago.

Robert and I were going to celebrate our second aniversary, so I prepared a surprise party for him.

That morning, I felt that something was telling me something bad was gonna happen. But I quickly drove out the awful thoughts. 

'All is going to be alright'

Or at least that was what I wanted to believe.

That day, Robert who was another student of my university and two years my senior was working part-time. He would be late for dinner. So of course I told him to meet later that night. One hour before our appointed meeting, I went with my friends to his apartment to prepare for a romantic dinner and decorate a little. 

All four of us went there with bags filled with food and others. 

All was fine until we arrive before the apartment's door. 

Then we could heard some strange noises. 

My hands trembled while I was turning the key in the keyhole. 

The door opened, or my friends looked at each other and decisively pushed the door instead of the frozen me. 

Nothing could have prepared us for what we saw in there.

The noises stopped. The movements stopped. 

Inside the apartment there were some people in pairs, triads or more, completely naked, having sex. Robert was was in that group too.

He was banging a girl.

At that moment, time froze for all of us.

The bags fell to the cold floor. 

All of us were in shock. I was looking straight at Robert. He was over a girl who was atop the coffe table. Others were on the sofa, against the walls, over the floor... It was an orgy.