3. Screw yourselves

Night. Sea breeze and the sound of waves against the rocks of a desolated hill. 

There are no lights. Even the moon won't show up. 

Rustling sounds of running steps going through the tall hillside grass. 

A pair of lovers is running in the dark night. 

-Catch them!! They are near!!

They are being persecuted by a large group of men with torches. 

Rushed breaths come from the pair, they are running for their lifes. They are in their teens, and wear old tattered rags. The group which chases them are no much better. Their appearances are dirty, with mud over their clothes and skin. 

The young pair has some wounds too. A little trail of blood appears where they just ran by. They run and run, without light, without a plan, without a clear direction. The group is coming nearer and nearer. They are almost catching up with them. They run until they arrive at a cliff. The group is finally there, surrounding them. 

-You little... you are surrounded! It's best if you come with us obediently. If not...it's not going to be pretty.

The young pair stays at the border of the cliff. They need to make a choice. Go back with them which means not seeing each other for the rest of their lives or...jump down, towards the sea...and diying together. 

The boy and the girl look at each other. The light of the torches illuminates them. They can finally see each other again. 

The look in their eyes says all. They have their answer. Their feet walks back, towards the cliff. 

-Wait! Promise me something! -The girl stops the boy. They're united through their hands and they're looking ringht into their eyes. - Promise me to be together in all our next lives. 

-I promise you. Of course I promise. We'll be together forever. 

They can't stop looking at each other. They know their time together is short. The group is advancing slowly. 

-Don't be afraid. I'm with you - says the boy.

-I'm not afraid- says the girl back. 

They smile at each other and step back once more. 

-Those little....!

The words of the group disappear. Their faces remain behind them as they fall. They don't loose their hands as they fall. They want to remember, to engrave each other appearances before they die. The sounds of waves againts the rocks are nearer and nearer. 

Until they crash into the water.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soraya jumps up on her bed. Her breath is rushed. She's sweating. She's trembling too. That was another too realistic dream. 

One week has passed since Soraya's birthday. Another day working at the cafe. Only a few people remain. And they are all busy talking, so Soraya and Jane are quite free right now. They are talking while listening to the radio.

-And today's program topic is "Being together for the rest of your lifes". Recently, there are more and more people who believe in reincarnation and past lives. If we go deeper in this subject, we have discovered some stories of people who remember their past lives or even are together in other lives. So although these beliefs are more oriental...

-What do you think of this, Jane?

-Of what, past lifes?

-Well, that and of being together for the rest of your lifes.

-Soraya, I really like this program 'cause is interesting and the guy is really hot but... in my opinion, today's topic is sh#t. It's fine if they want to sell this idea in novels and films but...in real life is sh#t. Do you remember my last boyfriend? He pledged to be always with me. I thought he was proposing after being together for four months. But we broke up after two. So if we can't even stay together in this life, how could we stay for several? 

-And if someone did?

-Then I believe they have screwed themselves.