°Chapter : 3°

Doyoung practiced hard for three hours, before finally deciding to head back. He entered the dorm to see everyone still in the rest area, except this time they were busy watching TV.

Doyoung: I'm back.

Hyunsuk: oh, welcome!

He ran to hug doyoung.

Doyoung: argh! Hyung, I'm sweaty!

Hyunsuk: o-oh my bad.

Jihoon clenched his jaw. Of course, junkyu's hawk eyes noticed. But this time mashiho looked in the direction of junkyu's sight too, curious. He saw jihoon's expression and back at junkyu's. Junkyu and mashiho shared an acknowledging expression.

Mashiho: oh I get it...

Doyoung went upstairs to take a shower. He came back down and retired on the sofa, clearly exhausted.

His gaze turned towards jihoon, who wouldn't let go of mashiho.

Jihoon: my cute baby~

Mashiho: hyung can we watch-

Doyoung: if only hyung treated me that way too...I wouldn't care about him reciprocating my feelings or not...I would just be satisfied with that sort of attention being received from him...

Junkyu patted doyoung on the shoulder, as if comforting him.

Junkyu: jihoon hyung, can you make me something to eat please? I'm hungry and I know doyoung is exhausted.

Jihoon got up.

Jihoon: sure. What does my baby want~

Junkyu let out a nervous laugh as he glanced towards doyoung. Who looked sad.

Doyoung: hyung, me too. I'm hungry too~

Jihoon: hmph make it for yourself.

Doyoung: but you're making it for junkyu-hyung!

Jihoon: yeah. He asked first.

Doyoung: you can just make enough for two people!

Jihoon: doyoung, you know how to cook. Junkyu doesn't.

Jihoon's tone turned harsh and cold. Mashiho, junkyu and hyunsuk shared concerned glances as the tension in the room rose up. Doyoung looked shocked and just as hurt to see jihoon's behaviour.

Junkyu: this is my fault...I should've just stayed quiet.

Mashiho noticed junkyu's guilty expression.

Mashiho: don't blame yourself. No one should get this worked up over food. This is just their pent up emotions finally being released. It had to happen sooner or later.

Mashiho whispered to junkyu, trying to comfort him. Meanwhile hyunsuk was just confused about everything going on.

Doyoung: why are you getting so worked up?

Jihoon: no why are YOU making such a big deal of food?

Doyoung felt rage pile up inside him. It wasn't the topic of argument that made him angry, but rather jihoon's attitude, which he had enough of.

Doyoung: hyung, you're always affectionate with everyone. Everyone BUT me. Do you not love me like everyone else? Do I not matter to you?

Doyoung's pain was obvious in his voice.

Jihoon: you want everyone to always love you all their life? You think the world revolves around you and everyone should always pay attention to you?!

Jihoon ranted mindlessly, but after the words came out and after tears started welling up in doyoung's eyes, he realized just how messed up he sounded.

Doyoung got up and walked past jihoon, towards the exit.

Jihoon grabbed his wrist.

Jihoon: w-wait doyoung...

Doyoung flinged jihoon's arm away aggressively, as he turned around to shoot jihoon one last glare with hurtful eyes as he left. That look pierced straight through jihoon's heart and stayed there. It hurt. It really hurt him.

Hyunsuk: yah jihoon-

As hyunsuk began to scold jihoon, junkyu placed his hand on hyunsuk's shoulder and shook his head, as if to say "no. Not now."

Jihoon's shoulders dropped as he walked out of the room himself.

Hyunsuk: what the fuck just happened?

Junkyu: you being biased towards doyoung happened.

Mashiho punched junkyu's arm.

Mashiho: he doesn't mean it that way. You're the only hyung jihoon has but you favour doyoung due to your childhood together.

Hyunsuk: so...jihoon is jealous? Of doyoung? Because of me?

Junkyu: yeah.

Hyunsuk felt an arrow of guilt shoot through his body. But he wasn't the only one suffering out of regret. Jihoon was in a similar condition in his room.

Hyunsuk: why did I never pay attention to that...

Jihoon: why did I ever take out my frustration of hyunsuk hyung on doyoung...he didn't do anything...