°Chapter : 4°

Days passed by as jihoon and doyoung avoided each other and didn't talk. It wasn't hard because they often had lectures at different timings and doyoung would often go to practice dancing in his free time. Yet the fact that both kept thinking about their arguement remained unchanged. 

Hyunsuk was in the dorm kitchen, making pasta while thinking about how he might have been the cause for the whole fight. He heard the door open and turned to find jihoon walk in. 

Jihoon looked at hyunsuk but didn't say anything. Instead he walked to the fridge and got out his salad. He came and sat at the table there. It was quiet. For a while. Until hyunsuk decided to break the silence. 

Hyunsuk: jihoon.

Jihoon: what?

Jihoon still didn't look up from his salad.

Hyunsuk: i...i'm sorry. 

Now he finally got jihoon's attention, as he turned to face him. 

Jihoon: for...?

Hyunsuk: for not showering you with the love you deserve. 

Jihoon saw hyunsuk's expression. He really was sorry. Jihoon's expression softened a bit, as he leaned against the chair, as if prepared to hear everything hyunsuk had to say.

Hyunsuk: And, as if treating you unfairly wasn't bad enough, I didn't even realize until junkyu and mashiho told me.

Jihoon felt hurt at this.

Hyunsuk: and i'm really, truly sorry for it. I was the cause for this whole fight between you and doyoung. I never considered how you felt.

Jihoon: hyung, it's not the part that you treated doyoung so affectionately that hurt me. It's the fact that, you treat me as someone on your own level despite me being a dongsaeng to you too. The only reason i took it out on doyoung was because you treat him with so much love compared to me. And i'm not blaming you for the fight. It was my fault and i worsened it. It's just that i want you to know just how i felt.

Now hyunsuk felt really, really guilty. 

Hyunsuk walked towards the table and sat across jihoon.

Hyunsuk: jihoon, although i may not show you much affection, i love you dearly. You're a precious brother to me. Not any less or any more than doyoung. Me being affectionate with him as my way of taking care of him as a maknae. 

Jihoon got emotional as tears collected in his eyes. Hyunsuk's eyes softened at the sight as he held jihoon's hand and comforted him, as well as apologized to him. Hyunsuk wiped his tear away. 

Hyunsuk: i'm really sorry, baby. But i sincerely truly love you like anyone else in our group of friends.

As hyunsuk and jihoon conversed, jihoon couldn't help but realize that what hyunsuk did to jihoon, is what jihoon did to doyoung.

Jihoon: ah...so this is how he must have felt...and yet things between hyunsuk-hyung and I are already being cleared up whereas he's still hurting...this isn't right...i need to get my shit together and fix things between us. 

The next day, when doyoung returned from his lectures, he found junkyu and mashiho playing games in the rest area. He put his bag down

Doyoung: where is hyunsuk-hyung?

Junkyu: he went to the grocery store.

Mashiho: won't you ask where jihoon hyung is?

Doyoung didn't respond. He slouched on the sofa.

Junkyu: doyoung...is it okay?

Doyoung: what is?

Junkyu: leaving things as they are.

Doyoung: why won't it be okay?

Junkyu: umm, well we're talking about you fighting with the guy of your dreams.

Doyoung: yeah. The guy of my dreams who hurt me.

Mashiho and junkyu shared concerned glances.

That's when they heard something drop. They turn to see a shocked hyunsuk standing by the entrance, the plastic bag with the grocery items in his hand being the thing that dropped.

Junkyu, mashiho and doyoung's eyes widened.

Doyoung: hyung...listen to me.

Hyunsuk shook his head in disbelief and left the room.