°Chapter : 2°

Doyoung, jihoon, junkyu, mashiho and hyunsuk were now on their way to their classes. Today was the first day of their 2nd year in college.

Mashiho: ah, hyunsuk-hyung! Did you prepare alright for your speech?

Junkyu: oh yeah! Hyunsuk-hyung will be giving a welcoming speech for the freshmen students!

Hyunsuk rubbed the back of his hair.

Hyunsuk: I did...but I'm still nervous.

Doyoung: I'm sure you'll do fine, hyung.

Hyunsuk looked at doyoung, touched. It was only a few words but it felt encouraging enough for hyunsuk to stop worrying about it.

Hyunsuk: thank you, doyoung.

Jihoon rolled his eyes at the favoritism being displayed.

They reached the huge hall where hyunsuk would give his speech. Only freshmen were allowed in the audience so the four of them decided to stay for support on the sidelines.

The new students flooded into the hall and sat themselves on the floor. They were all new faces with expressions of anticipation and amazement being visible on them.

Hyunsuk looked at his friends on the side and then took in a deep breath.

He started his speech and it was going perfectly fine. He sounded motivational and was hilarious enough to make the crowd erupt into laughter occasionally.

Hyunsuk: I've been here for 2 years now, this one being the second, and I assure you college is an adventure. An adventure you'll endure with many friends whose company you'll enjoy.

Meanwhile, doyoung and the rest admired his speaking skills.

Jihoon: he was worried for nothing. He's doing better than I thought.

Hyunsuk: I was lucky enough to be able to make some amazing friends, as well as come here with some old ones.

He pointed towards where jihoon and the rest were standing. They suddenly stood still, self-conscious with the amount of heads that turned to look at them.

Hyunsuk: shout-out to doyoung, who is like a little brother to me and has been there for me through my ups and downs. And joining the same univeristy just strengthened our bond. I assure you, you'll experience something like this too, during your time here.

Jihoon scoffed.

Jihoon: of course he would mention doyoung.

Doyoung blushed with the attention he received in front of so many people.

Junkyu noticed jihoon's expression. His angered expression.

Junkyu: don't tell me....hyunsuk hyung is the reason...

Junkyu titled his head, still confused. Mashiho noticed but didn't want to ask during hyunsuk's speech.

Once hyunsuk finished his speech, and once they all finished their lectures, they walked back to their dorm together.

Mashiho: doyoung, didn't you say you would apply for the dance club?

Doyoung: oh yeah! When do we have to audition for it, again?

Mashiho: in two weeks. So you still have time.

Mashiho had gotten into the dance club as a freshman. While doyoung was interested in it too, he decided to postpone it next year after he adjusted to the college. And now that he was used to it, he was about to audition for it too.

Once they reached their dorms, doyoung went to change and decided to head out to a nearby studio to practice for the dance club. The rest of them were in the shared rest area.

Hyunsuk: good luck, baby!

He rubbed doyoung's hair affectionately. Jihoon rolled his eyes at the sight as he lifted his gaze from his phone screen. Again, junkyu noticed.

Junkyu: yup definitely.

Mashiho pulled junkyu close by the collar, startling him. He whispered on his ear.

Mashiho: what's wrong?

Junkyu: n-nothing. It's about doyoung and jihoon. I'll tell you later.

Doyoung: I'll head out, then. Byee~

Junkyu and mashiho waved at him, as did hyunsuk, while jihoon still had his eyes glued to his screen. He didn't bother looking up to wave him goodbye yet he bothered looking up when hyunsuk was being affectionate with doyoung. Junkyu realized this and he felt bad for doyoung.

Doyoung's expression fell as jihoon ignored him and decided to head out anyway.