Raiden

With Goro's words, a vast murmur emerged in the crowd. Many fighters were issuing friendly challenges to each other as they departed to the arenas. Kano turned to leave and gave a laugh at the bound Sonya, who growled at the Black Dragon mercenary. Without a word, the Masked Guard pushed Sonya onto the sand below her, coughing as she hit the impact, Cage's face was overcome with anger and pity. "Come on, Liu. We gotta help her up." With a nod, Liu Kang followed Johnny Cage to Sonya, who struggled on the sand.

"Damn. How the hell did this happen?" Sonya asked herself. As she tilted her head up, she saw two men standing before him.

"Here, we'll untie you, hold on." Johnny started.

"I don't need your help." Sonya spat, as she tried in vain to break free. "Stay out of this."

With a confused pause, Johnny turned to Liu, shook his head and said. "You certainly look like you do."

Sighing, Liu brought his hands down. "Here."

"Hey! I told you I didn't-" But before Sonya could continue her protests, Liu Kang had already freed her from her binds. For a moment, Sonya was too stunned to move, but she got to her knees and rubbed her hands now that they were free from the ropes. "Thank You." She said, although she said it as though she had never said it before in her life. "But, I could've gotten free myself."

"You were doing a great job." Johnny said, sarcastically.

"I didn't ask for your help." Sonya retorted.

"You needed it though."

Sighing, Sonya turned to Liu Kang. "Where the hell are we? Who are you?"

Liu took a breath and began to explain everything to her. "My name is Liu Kang, I am from the Shaolin Temples. You are on Shang Tsung's island where the Mortal Kombat tournament is to take place." Before Liu could continue to explain, he was interrupted by Johnny clearing his throat, with an annoyed sigh, Liu turned to Johnny and said. "This is Johnny Cage."

Johnny outstretched his hand for Sonya to shake, but Sonya looked at it coldly and turned back to Liu. "Where's Kano?"

"Kano, do you mean the man with the metal plate on his face?"

"Yes! How did you know that?"

"Johnny Cage and I had a scuffle with him on the boat."

"Where'd he go?" Sonya asked, sharply. Johnny was amazed at how Liu was keeping his temper in check.

"If you want to face him, then you'll have to go through the tournament." Came a mysterious voice, the three warriors turned their attention to the man standing before them, he was a tall man, with a chinese hat on his head. His eyes were glowing with white energy.

"Who the hell are you?" Sonya asked with a rude tone. However, Liu Kang appeared amazed at the stranger, he had heard legends of this man, but he never believed it, it couldn't be true, could it?

"You couldn't be…." He started with a shocked voice. "Raiden…?"

"Meet me at the Warrior Shrine to the west." With this, a bolt of lightning dropped down from the sky and hit the man, who vanished into thin air.

The three warriors stood for a moment, too stunned at the spectacle to move, but this silence was broken when Liu stepped forth and headed into the direction of the Warrior Shrine, with some hesitation Sonya followed. "You guys! He might be crazy! I mean come on! Do you know anyone who can do… whatever he just did?"