014

fourteen

Renjun groaned on his bed, not having anything to contact Jungwoo or Yangyang about their supposed to be hangout this weekend. He can ask Donghyuck, but he's scared of Mark being angry and he didn't want that side of him to trigger. The chinese doesn't even know how long will Mark keep him away from Donghyuck.

Renjun just sighed, twisting and turning on his head as he thought of killing time. It's literally crack of dawn, but the male doesn't even feel a single wink of sleepiness in his body.

The male soon stopped and stared at the ceiling whilst keeping a frown on his face, actually debating if he should go talk to one of them and ask for something to contact with his friends- and another thing is not knowing their numbers nor social media.

"Ugh." Renjun groaned, twisting his body to lay on his stomach as he buried his face on the pillow, not until he heard a few knocks coming from the window.

Renjun looked up and saw a familiar figure with his back faced the window whilst sitting on the windowsill. The human stood up from the bed and ran to the window, unlocking it as soon as he got there and opened it only to see Jisung playing with the same pocket knife.

"What are you doing there?" Renjun asked softly, making sure he doesn't seem rude.

"The bed creaks everytime you twist and turn. It's annoying." Jisung replied, balancing the tip of the knife in his finger.

Renjun's mouth formed an 'o'. "My bad."

The pink haired vampire shook his head and swiftly returned the pocket knife on his right shoe, turning his body to look at the human who looked taken aback at his sudden action.

"A million for your thoughts?"

Renjun pursed his lips on a thin line. Never did he expect Jisung to be this innocent despite looking so intimidating from afar. "S-Sorry?"

The pink haired vampire stared at him for a while before chuckling, "Would you let me give you a million in exchange for your thoughts?"

"I-I can just t-tell you, t-though, n-no need for a-" Renjun was cut off by a finger pressed on his lips.

Jisung let out a soft giggle, showing his gummy smile to the human as he retracted his finger, "Don't take it the real way, it just means me wanting to know what you're stressed about."

"Oh." Renjun blinked before stepping aside, signalling for him to come inside his room. "C-Come inside first, I'm not used to talking to people sitting on a w-windowsill."

The pink haired vampire shook his head, "I'm fine here."

"A-Are you sure?"

"Positive." Jisung replied and turned to the side, resting his legs on the window sill as he was tired letting it dangle.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm just bothered on how to contact with Yangyang and Jungwoo." Renjun started, moving the curtains to the side as he stood there for a moment.

The vampire tilted his head, "Why contact them?"

"Yangyang mentioned we'll go hang out but I'm not sure if-" Renjun abruptly stopped talking when Jisung covered his mouth as he pinned him to the wall.

"You can't go out."

Scratch the innocent part that he found on Jisung, he's way more than that. Renjun felt Jisung let him go but the male never moved from his position, he knows there's something wrong when going out but for sure no one's going to hurt him when he's with either Jungwoo or Yangyang, right?

"W-Why can't I?" The chinese stuttered, loosening up as he stared at Jisung sit at the edge of his bed.

"You can't. We won't let you." The pink haired vampire looked up to meet Renjun's doe eyes.

He didn't understand why, but he feels like listening to them is the best thing.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"So I heard about you wanting to hang out with your friends."

Renjun looked up from his sketch pad, making eye contact with Chenle as he approached the bench where the human was sitting on.

"Yeah, but I'd rather not go." Renjun replied averting his attention back to the sketchbook, continuing to draw light strokes as he glanced at the garden from time to time.

Chenle stared at the human for a while before taking a seat beside him, looking at what Renjun is drawing. The orange haired male was quite surprised at how Renjun is able to get the samll details despite the sky being dark. It's currently night time and the vampire's starting to question how can Renjun draw everything like it's real.

"How can you draw despite it being dark?" Chenle asked, staring at Renjun's side profile as the human focused on drawing the scenery.

"The lamppost is enough for me to see." The human replied, reffering to the lamppost beside the bench they are siting on.

"You got a good eyesight." The orange haired male complimented, not tearing his eyes off of Renjun.

The human showed a little smile, "Guess fifteen years of staying in a dungeon-like place helps me maintain my vision." Renjun sighs and stops drawing for a while, remembering the times when they get to stay in the same cold and dark room 24/7 with nothing but bread and water to eat.

Chenle didn't say anything and just stared. Renjun closed the sketchbook and placed it beside him, also placing the pencil and eraser on top of it before heaving a deep breath.

"Don't worry, you're not the only one."

It was Renjun's turn to stare at Chenle with confusion written in his eyes. The orange haired male leaned back on the bench, as he stared at the night sky.

"What do you mean?" The human asked.

"I.." Chenle was about to say something when he remembered what date it was today. "Don't worry about it. Come with me, I want to show you something."

Chenle stood up and grabbed Renjun's wrist, taking the latter aback as he held the loosely wrapped jacket around his shoulders- leaving his sketchbook on the bench as Chenle dragged him somewhere.

He didn't bother worrying about the sketchbook. Instead, he worries about what did Chenle meant about him not being the only one about something.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───