How To Be A Mother

Sayakas pov

I stared at the baby in disbelief. It's a baby. A literal baby at my doorstep!

"Who's baby is that?" Mukuro looked at the baby with concern.

"No idea" I picked up the small baby in my arms "hey little girl. Where's your mommy?"

"Aba" the baby babbled happily. She couldn't be any more than a couple months old. Who on earth would abandon such a cute baby!

"Hey there's a note here" mukuro picked up the note and began reading "dear sayaka. I know you probably don't remember me but I was a member of your band a few years ago. I'm unable to take care of my daughter so I thought who better than the person who was kindest to me. Her name is keade. Please take care of her better than I ever could "

"Keade. So that's your name baby" I  muttered softly "I'm so sorry your mother had to leave you darling but I promise I'll be the best mother I can to you"

"Sayaka are you sure about this" mukuro placed a hand on my shoulder "we may not be ready for parenthood"

"Mukuro my friend placed her daughter in my care. I can't just turn away from that!" I said firmly.

She sighed "ok I'll accept your decision but I really don't feel ready to be a mother" with that she walked away.

I felt bad for forcing mukuro into a situation like this but one look at keades adorable face snuggled into my chest made it clear that I made the right choice.

"Just you wait keade. We're going to be a perfect family!"