8.

With Ashido gone, Izuku thought this was the perfect opportunity to talk with Kaminari alone. He whipped his head around to look at Denki again, determination engrained on his face which startled Kaminari into jumping slightly in his seat.

"Kaminari," Midoriya started, a tad bit more forceful then nessasary.

"Yes?" Denki responded tentatively.

"What-"

"Uh oh," The two boys looked at the door as Kirishima walked in, shirtless and drying his hair with a towel but he wasn't looking at them, he was looking behind him and out the door.

"Morning," the both of then greeted which got Eijirou to look at them.

"Did you do something dumb Kami?" He asked bluntly, getting Kaminari make an indignant offended noise.

"Why are you assuming I did something?" He asked incredulously, pressing a hand over his heart as if he were hurt by the accusation.

"I just passed Mina and she looked a little too chipper, I suspect you're behind it," Kirishima explained.

"Oh, then yeah," Kaminari admitted bashfully, nodding sagely.

"What'd you do?" Eijirou asked again, pulling out the chair next to him and sitting down.

"I made a complete fool of myself," Denki groaned, leaning forward and putting his forehead against the table.

"Awe, don't be like that," Midoriya consoled, gently rubbing Kaminari's shoulder reassuringly. "You didn't make a complete fool of yourself,"

"Oh, Midoriya, I didn't realize you were there, sorry dude," Kirishima said and apologized in surprise. "Was I interrupting something?"

"Oh, yeah!" Kaminari exclaimed, sitting up again and looking at Izuku with bright eyes. "You were about to say something?"

'I really don't wanna have this conversation with someone else around, think Izuku!" Midoriya thought to himself desperately. "Uhhh," he stalled, trying to come up with something appropriate that gave him a good chance to- "What were you planning on doing for our long weekend?" He asked sweetly, folding his arms behind his back and tilting head slightly.

Perfect.

With this, there were plenty of opportunities for him. If Kaminari didn't have any plans, Midoriya could book some of his time and talk to him then. If he did have plans, then the idea of potentially hanging out with Izuku will be implanted and that gives way to even more opportunities in the future. Flawless.

"Oh, I'm spending this weekend with my family, I'm heading out at noon,"

Izuku took everything he had in him not to visibly cringe at that.

"Your... family?" Midoriya questioned tentatively, getting an enthusiastic nod from the other. "...willingly?" He couldn't help but ask.

Kaminari started laughing hysterically, throwing his head back and really letting lose. After a long moment of this, he composed himself into a mess of wheezes and he wiped a tear from his eye.

"Sorry, sorry," Denki apologized, still puffing out a few chuckles. "I just- what's that supposed to even mean? Of course it's willingly, nothing's forcing me to go,"

"Nono, I get what he means, like, do you want to go?" Kirishima asked and Izuku thanked whatever God that may be out there for the saving angel that was Eijirou Kirishima.

"Of course I wanna go!" Kaminari chirped happily. "My dad's out of town and my mom..." he paused and had an odd expression for a long moment before he shook his head and was smiling again. "Anyway, I'm visiting my grandparents and since I'm pretty sure my aunt is still living with them, I just say family 'cause it's easier,"

"Ah, okay," Midoriya hummed in understanding and let out a sigh of relief. "And they're good people I assume?" He asked, trying desperately not to sound rude.

"They're great! They're some of my favorite people, it's a miracle we're related," Kaminari chuckled lightly.

"Oh, I bet, you are a real menace," Kirishima laughed with him, laughing even harder when Denki smacks him upside the arm.

"Har har, shush you," He said, rolling his eyes before drawing his attention back to Izuku. "What about you, were you going to go home or something?" He asked eagerly.

"Oh, no, my mom is out of town too," Midoriya waved dismissively. "I'm not really going to be doing anything,"

"What about Saturday?" Kaminari questioned, tilting his head and blinking cutely.

'This can't be good for my heart' Izuku thought to himself, just barely successfully (with difficulty) fighting down a blush. "What about Saturday?" He asked.

"Didn't Mina mention something about Saturday earlier? What are you guys doing?" Kaminari asked.

"Oh, they're having a girls sleepover and gossip circle, I'm their honorary member," Izuku said offhandedly.

"Oh yea, I remember her mentioning that," Kirishima said, nodding sagely.

"You guys don't talk about me, do you?" Kaminari asked nervously.

"Oh no, you're pretty much left alone for the most part, they do have a group chat that I'm not a part of though so if they do talk about you, it's in there," Midoriya reassures, patting him on the shoulder.

"Oh thank goodness," Denki sighed in relief.

"Haha, anyway, enjoy your time with your family, we can hang later," Izuku said as he made his way over the tbe kitchen exit and waved as he left fully.