Out of the Dark

Darkness. That's all I could see, all I could feel. But something inside me told me not to let the darkness take over me.

As my senses slowly came back to me I used my hands to feel around. I felt cold metal slipping in between my fingertips. My equilibrium told me I was moving up. The higher I went the louder a blaring siren got.

I didn't know anything. I didn't know my name, where I was from or how I got into this moving cage; but I was determined to get out. Just then the cage jolted to a stop and I heard dozen of deep voices.

"What do you think the shank will look like this time" I heard a rough voice say.

I needed to find someway to defend myself and fast. As I scrambled around I felt crates. A nail in the crate was loose and with some force I pulled it out. That would have to do.

The doors to my hell hole opened up and bright light flooded over me causing me to go blind for a moment. Then a tall, dirty blonde boy with broad shoulders and funny eyebrow jumped down and advanced toward me.

After the shock escaped me I went into fight mode. While the boy was in mid stride I swept my feet under his legs causing him to fall back. A look of pure anger came over him and I knew I was in for it. He charged straight for me but I side stepped him and pushed his back. While he was falling I grabbed onto his long sleeves and tied them in between the metal in the wall. I used the crates to bound out of the box. Dozens of shocked faces looked at me and I sprinted, needing to get out. I felt hands pull me back but I was not going to let them take me. I turned and saw a dark skinned boy. I socked him right in the face. As I left the crowd of boys I saw walls all around me. But there were openings in them. That was my exit. I sprinted for them and heard some of the boys yelling at me to stop. Just as I rounded the walls a tall figure rammed right into me. I flew back onto the wall and hit my head.

Back to the darkness I went.