No longer Nameless

After dinner Newt called everyone into a gathering (Chuck says its some sort of meeting). As I followed everyone  over to the Homestead Gally kept giving me strange looks like he was having a imaginary conversation with me. I decided to ignore it and find a place to stand in the very back corner so that no unneeded attention could be drawn to me. But it was a big failure.

"Greenie! Greenie get your butt out here!" Alby did not seem happy (as usual). 

I slowly made my way through the crowd wishing I was anywhere but here. There was a chair in the middle of the group. Gally gestured to the chair and I took a seat. 

"Alright we need to set some ground rules boys!" Newt finally took charge. "As you all know Green Bean here is our first girl.". I grimaced at the nickname. I suddenly felt a tickle at the back of my brain. It seemed as though a memory was trying to surface but I couldn't reach it yet. I tried to ignore it and focus on the conversation. Just then a bunch of hands shot up in the air.

"I'll share a hammock with her!"

"She can stay in my sleeping bag."

I realized they we're talking about my sleeping arrangements. "No and no" I said. The boys groaned at my response but Newt just chuckled with Gally rolled his eyes. 

"She will be staying in one of the medical rooms temporarily. But I would like it if Gally could build a separate building for her." 

Gally seemed furious. "Ha yeah don't worry il get right on it little Newty, right after I fix everything else in this shucking hell hole." 

The conversation drifted here and there about various things. But I couldn't get my mind off of the memory. I entered back into the coversation when Newt said that I needed to take self-defense classes. I was mortified.

"No! If you don't remember I can handle myself just fine! Just ask Alby and Gally." Gally's ears turned a bright red and I could tell that I had set him off. But I kept poking the wound. "I am not some girl you can toss around! I think you all know that full well. By know I could practically see steam coming out of Gally's ears. I heard Alby scoff behind me. I turned around so he could get a whiff of my wrath. But before I could get a word out a cold hand grabbed my neck and slammed my head into the nearest wall. I twisted my body to see those same red ears that belonged to Gally. 

"You better take that crown off your head princess and join the real world. You are one of us now so you better act like it. If you don't take those lessons I swear to shuck Green Bean!"

"Stop calling me that! It's not my name!"

"Then what is it sweetheart! Hun?" He pushed me harder into the wall and my head exploded. The memory had finally broken the surface. I can hear a voice but it's distant. I see a flash of bright colors and a person with golden hair. They're blurry but the words start to become lower and clearer. The voice is familiar and I realize they are saying my name. 

"Kitara!"