CHAPTER FIVE | THE MORNING ✔️

Happy Sunday!! Thank you for all the love in the last chapter- the adventure continues. :) 

CHAPTER RANKINGS

#1 in #darkstories

#9 in #werewolfromance

#23 in #fantasycreatures

CHAPTER FIVE | EZRA POV

"So you were real,"

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion at her words, before I could respond, her eyes flutter shut. Immediately her body falls limply. I quickly catch her before she could hit the ground.

Adrenaline fires into my veins. I hook my arm under her knees and the other tightly around her shoulders then stood.

"Call the driver, and tell him that he has less than five minutes to meet us in the front," I growled, quickly striding towards the sidewalk.

"And the Half-Breed?" Giada inquires. 

I almost scoffed at her mention. "What of him? The feral who almost killed my mate?" I bite, feeling my claws attempting to push through.

Hearty laughter from the front of the restaurant pulls me back to reality. I can't expose us to humans right now.

"It's rare to see a half-breed live to be the age he is." Giada, remarks.

For a moment her words sit in my thoughts, "Rare. Not impossible."

My control hangs thinly by a thread, the fuming urge to shift and tear him to shreds is painfully tempting.

I close my eyes tightly and instead, hold her closer to my chest to sense her vitals.

Her heartbeat is rapid, but her breath is shallow.

The moment we cross paths with our mate, our lives are not our own anymore. From then on, our existence is intertwined.

Finally, the roar of a familiar engine approaching us comes before screeching to a halt. The sleek black Rolls-Royce rolls down it's window to reveal an apologetic set of eyes. Before he could get out a word, I pulled the back door open and carefully entered. Giada slips into the front seat.

I lay my mate across the passenger seat with her head on my lap.

"Bring us to the pack house. Do whatever it takes to get us there as soon as possible."

Archibald- our driver and member of our pack swallows down a gulp but steps on it.

I observe my mate and my heart tightens at the sight of her in pain. Her eyebrows screw together tensely, a light sheen of sweat forms over her face. I place a hand beside her cheek to feel her vitals.

Meanwhile, I open the channel to mindlink Giada.

Send a hunter out for the half-breed.

I want his fucking head.

AMARA POV

A pounding ache in my head rouses me from my sleep. Reluctantly, I open my eyes and am immediately greeted by bright morning rays. I promptly bring an arm up to shield my eyes and wince at the sudden movement.

I furrow my eyebrow in confusion before realization dawns on me.

The night before.

Violet eyes, canines- a searing pain on the expanse of my back.

Jace.

A shiver ran down my spine as my heart began to run at the memory.

What was that? What is Jace?

A wave of nausea crashes onto me at the thought. I sit up and my surroundings rush into focus. Immediately I'm filled with regret as pain shot up my back like fire. I shut my eyes tightly, feeling tears well up at the sharp feeling, to which I push away. I leave the comfort of the abundant blankets and pillows. My eyes widens at the esthetic of the room. The ceilings have to be twice as higher than a normal home. The bed frame alone is probably as high as my studio ceiling, with soft curtains that canopy around the frame.

I look down onto my clothes, and I recognize none of the pieces that I'm wearing. A button down silk beige shirt, and matching shorts pajama set.

If it wasn't for nausea, I would've stayed grounded in shock.

However, my body has other plans. Especially at the thought of --,

In a panic, I scan the room for anything to pour my guts into. Relief floods my veins at the sight of a door and I waste no time throwing it open. Revealing a large, grandeur bathroom. I rush to the toilet and immediately vomit.

"The Half-Breed." The stranger growls

I retch another wave of bile into the toilet at the memory.

Half-breed?

If Jace was just a half-breed then what more a full-breed?

My head spins at the questions and I finally pull myself away from the bowl.

Most especially, what is he half of?

The sound of a door crashing open has me jumping from my thoughts. The sound is followed by brisk steps through the room I awoke in.

"Miss?" A voice calls, followed by the shuffles of what sounds like multiple foot steps.

An abundance of blond curls peaks through the doorway.  A bright blue gaze falls onto my no-doubt pitiful form.

"Run the bath, we have thirty minutes to get her ready."

My eyes widens to saucers as two girls walk past her and straight towards me.

"Wait-,"I protest, backing away from them. Which proved to be in vain. One girl prepared the bath behind me while the other began unbuttoning my clothes.

"I can do it myself- I can bathe myself." I assert, as I attempt to step away from the girl who had her hands on my shirt.

"Please don't be difficult, we are in a bit of a rush." The blond girl implores as she steps into the bathroom towards us.

"Why?" I ask in frustration.

She pauses at this, as if she were carefully picking her words.

"They want to see you." 

END OF CHAPTER

It's already 2022, making it a month since I last updated omg. I made it my NY Resolution to be more involved/active in writing.

To be more inspired rather than envious of others, but I think it's a human trait that I can train myself to grow from.

I feel like I am thanking you in every chapter but seriously thank you for reading TLP! It means a lot. <3

Til next chapter.