XII: Done?

I sit in starbucks with an oreo cheesecake and hot peppermint mocha as I watch Justin make his way through the front doors. He was holding a hand, he was not alone.. he was with Selena. My heart starts to tear itself like a piece of paper. Without even acknowledging me, they sit in front of me and Justin gestured to shake hands with me. My inside felt raged as I see Selena rub Justin’s shoulders for… Oh I don’t know.. Comfort? Should he even be comforted? I looked at Justin’s hand stretched across the table but I sit firm on my seat. I kept calm trying to hide my true emotions. I stare at Justin’s eyes which were also staring right to me like he could see my soul. Suddenly, I remembered why I love him again. Our staring competition stopped when he grinned wryly. Moments after, he winked at me and made out with Selena in front of me! My heart felt like it was about to blow!

I woke up feeling like I was about to hyperventilate. It was just a dream! Wait! A NIGHTMARE! Oh my… I can’t breathe…. I was in my hotel room already; Josh probably helped me back here. Where the heck is my purse? Oh gosh… I can’t breatheeeee!!! I saw my phone on the lamp desk and called Josh… He picked up after two rings..

“Jace?” his voice was barely audible to me.

“Josh, I…. Can’t….. Breathe…..” I manage to utter.

“Oh shit! Jace, just calm down, sit up, and remember your breathing techniques! I’m coming there!” Josh yelled on the phone.

I sit on the floor with my back leaned to the bed frame. I felt the whole room spinning! LITERALLY! I heard someone barge on the door but…. I close my eyes unconsciously but I flop down to the floor and I didn’t know what happened next.

****

A blinding light. That’s what I saw when I opened my eyes. I could hear my mom’s voice talking to someone on the phone. “Yes, she’s awake… in the Coleen layman’s hospital.. Okay, see you.”. She put her phone on her pocket and sat next to the hospital bed. She stroked my forehead.

“Baby, what happened? Did you forget your meds?” she asks concerned.

“Mom, I’m sorry.. It’s just that, I woke up already searching for air.” I felt like crying.

“Oh sweetie that’s okay.. It happens.. I’ll call your dad okay? He stayed in LA because your sister cannot be left alone and your sis has school.” Mom said.

“I know mom, and besides, you guys didn’t have to come here.” I told her.

“Oh I had to sweetie, it has been a long time since you had an asthma attack.”

“I know mom, I guess I was probably to caught up in the concert. I should’ve took care of myself.”

 “It’s not your fault dear, Josh and his parents are at the hotel, they have packed your things so we can leave tonight.”

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Mom opened the door and there… standing so casually perfect is Justin Bieber. He had puffy eyes and his forehead damped with sweat. I don’t know if I could face him right now. It was silent in the room, but mom finally broke it.

“I’ll just step out and call your dad okay?” Mom announced.

I replied with a nod as she closes the door and Justin sat on the chair beside my bed. At this time, I was crying, that aching feeling in the heart when you watch a tragic movie seemed to become more familiar to me. My chest tightened even more.

“I need to tell you something” Justin finally spoke.

“Tell me what? That you just used me to make Selena go back to you? To tell me when you started cheating? Cause if that’s what you’re going to say, then you don’t have to say anything at all. I perfectly saw what happened, and there’s no excuse for that.” Tears rolled down on my eyes non-stop.