Chapter 14

Nightmare lied on his bed reluctantly. Bouncing a little from the interaction while he grasped on the sheets. It was already 4 in the morning. He was not ready to sleep, yet he seemed to be forcing his senses. He sighed deeply as he pull the sheets to cover him, letting himself sink in his pillow. It was soft and comfortable, but his thoughts weren't. Although he knew what's been bothering him, he can't conduct a reason why. He stared blankly at the ceiling, contemplating.

"Give up."

"You seriously think that you'll get him by insisting? Persisting? By looking like a fool? "

"All this time, I thought you actually cared."

Killer's words lingered in his head. On the day him and Ink had a fight, he couldn't just forget what happened. Especially the words that had been spoken. He plastered a slightly annoyed look while Killer remained in his mind.

Not a moment after, he thought about what happened earlier.

"Wow that sounds a lot like a nice person's thing which does not fit you at all."

"Well, nice guy, since you're trying to be one. I'll go with the second idea. Time to spread love and kindness."

He thought about it for a moment then he let out a small laugh of amusement. He continued to grin that slowly turned into a sincere smile. He shifted a little and faced his body to his left, his left hand lied under his pillow while his right hand grabbed on the sheets. He's so stupid. He thought, knowing himself that Killer was a difficult one. It's hard to understand him, what he thinks and what he does. Same goes to 'why'.  He could be overly observative and annoying but he could also play along and have fun. To Nightmare, however, he was the  famous Mount Everest. He could be the coldest living creature on Earth, with people suffering from his existence. While being a unique mountain himself. The highest one to be specific. He lied quietly as he continue to grin. "Maggot." He exhaled as he slowly close his eye sockets and began to sleep as he should. Peacefully. Not a minute later, his phone rang loudly, causing him to jump a little. Annoyed and irritated, he reluctantly slammed his hand on the phone that was lying on a table beside his bed. He then pulled the gadget and saw Dust's name. He answered the call and dragged it beside his skull.

"What!?" Nightmare spoke.

"Hey, Nightmare. Plans tomorrow, same place for meet up. Also, hey this Horror, my phone turned into shards so I'm borrowing Dust's. " Horror spoke on the other line.

"Whatever." Nightmare replied, ending the call as he place his phone back on the table. His body trying to feel relaxed the same way it was earlier. He sighed as he slowly close his eyes again. Before they could close fully, his phone rang loudly again, causing his eyes to open wide. He groaned as he pull the phone once again to answer the call. It showed Dust's name again.

"Hurry up." Nightmare spoke in an annoyed tone.

"Meet us tomorrow. Y'know what happens." Dust spoke uninterestedly on the other end.

"I know." Nightmare replied, irritated. He rubbed his forehead with his two fingers as he end the call. He quickly slammed the phone back on the table beside him and took a deep breath. By the time he was relaxed, it was ruined once again. His phone, for the third time, rang loudly as he groan. "Lord, save me." He muttered with irritation in his voice. He took his phone once again, grasping on to it really hard then he answered the call. This time, it was Cross.

"The hell you want!?" Nightmare exclaimed through the phone.

"Dude, we got some awesome plans tomorrow! Don't be late!" Cross spoke through the phone.