By the sunset • Kim Sunwoo

Warning: crude language

That night, the moonlight had witnessed our love. By the sunset, we are awaited by destiny that will separate us.

By The Sunset

The cold breeze in the morning showing the weather is good today.
"We're here" Yunjae say making Yeonhee smile. "Thank you bro,  don't pick me up too late"
"yeah yeah whatever. Enjoy your first day!"

Without giving her a chance to speak back he leave the school. She sigh and turn around. Everyone's eyes already on her. Normal, everyone looking at the new student as if they will get something. Well, they do. A thing so chit chat with friends.

She smile at them and walk awkwardly into the school. "excuse me, are you new here?" A girl a girl tap her shoulder making her to turn around. "ah yes" she smile at the other girl. "oh great! I'll show you the teacher's office" she offered and Yeonhee happily accepted her offer. It's more harder to ask someone to show her the way. You see a chance, grab it.

"what's your name?" she ask. "Yeonhee Bae" she answer. The girl look at her and smile "that's a good name. My name is Miya. Where are you from?" Miya ask "I'm from Canada"

"Oooo. by the way we're here, let me know if you need me next time ok?" Yeonhee nod and smile at Miya before she walk in to the teacher's office.

-

"Yeonhee Bae. Ok follow me, I'll show your class" A teacher who looks in her early 20s say. Yeonhee just remain quiet and follow her. She's kinds nervous to introduce herself. 'what if I stutter and suddenly cry because of embarrassment'  is what she exactly think of.

"Mr.Jang, here's a new student in your class" she point politely at Yeonhee. Even the teacher called Mr.Jang is look like in his early 20s."Oh come in. Thank you Ms.Lee" He thank her before turning his attention to Yeonhee.
"introduce yourself" he say along with a smile.

She look at her new classmates and all the attention are on her. "My name is Yeonhee Bae, I'm from Canada" she say and all of her classmates clap their hands. A reaction she didn't expect and it makes her happy about it."Ok Yeonhee, you can sit" he stop and look around the class to find a seat.
"there, next to Miya"

She remember exactly the name and look at the person Mr.Jang is pointing at and smile. "Hey Yeonhee"
"hey"
"Let's talk during recess" Miya whisper and she nod.

-

"class dismissed"

Miya smile and turn to Yeonhee who is putting her book in her bag. "I'm happy we're in the same class" she smile. Yeonhee take her gaze to Miya and smile. "me too. I barely know people in this school"

"Miya let's go" A male voice can be heard calling for Miya from outside the class. She look behind and smile. "Yeonhee let's go with us" She drag Yeonhee without her permission. "Did you just drag her" He chuckle. "well, she's new and she need friend" Miya glare at him.
"Is he your boyfriend?" Yeonhee ask directly making Miya snorted. "Junho and me? Pft never Yeonhee, never" she laugh. "yeh, who would want this psycho?" Junho point at Miya making Miya to pull his ear. "ah sorry sorry" she finally let go with a smile. Yeonhee laugh at both of them.

-

"so Yeonhee is from Canada?" Junho ask and Miya nod. It's her first day but she enjoy being with Miya and Junho. They're so chaotic. "great, I have a foreign friend" Junho brush his finger through his hair. "Who say Yeonhee wanna be friend with you?"
"well, did she say she wanna be friend with you?" Junho ask back.