Chapter 3

Shehnaaz comes out of the house and goes to her sleek white Mercedes.

Her driver Farhan Kaka is waiting for her.

He was her father's driver and after his death he took the responsibility to drive and take care of Shehnaaz.

As soon as he saw her he opened the car door for her.

Shehnaaz: Farhan kaka mai khudse kar sakti hu yeh.. Aapko kitni baar kaha hai kay aap mujhse bade hai mat kiya kijiye yeh sab.

Farhan kaka as usual did not pay any heed to her cribbing and closed the door, took the wheel and started driving.

On being royally ignored Shehnaaz decided to change the topic by herself.

Shehnaaz: Acha kaka mujhe yeh bataiye gharpe sab kaise hai? aapka pota kaisa hai?

Farhan Kaka: sabhi bahut khush hai beta.
Aur mera pota Imran toh zyada khush hai.. itni badi school mai jo padh raha hai.
Sab tumhari wajah se ho paya hai bitiya.
Na tum uski padhai ka kharcha uthati aur na woh itna ache se padh pata.

Shehnaaz: arey kaka maine kuch bhi nah kia.
Imran bahut hoshiyar hai padhai mai woh zarur acha karega apni zindagi mai.

Farhan Kaka: shukriya bitiya

Shehnaaz: kaka aap thank you mat boliye.
Itna kamati hu mai.. kiske liye?
Mere aage piche hai hi kaun?
Aap log hai jo mujhe itne achese rakhte ho toh itna toh mai kar hi sakti hu aapke liye.

On listening to her Farhan Kaka just smiled and nodded.

Soon they reached her office.

------------------------------------

Gill Events was a modest 2 storey building.

It was a regular day.. everyone was running here and there to get the work done.

They had a very important event tonight and everyone was on their toes.

As soon as Shehnaaz entered the office all stopped their work and wished her good morning in unison.

She giggled and wished them back.

As she was going towards the elevator she heard a warm voice from behind.

Maria Aunty: good morning Shehnaaz.. I hope you had your breakfast today !

Shehnaaz stopped on the tracks.. turned around and ran like a little girl to hug her Maria aunty and she also engulfed shehnaaz in her warm embrace.

Maria Aunty has been the receptionist for Gill Events since 30 years.
Mr Gill had found her wounded and roaming on the streets.
After listening to her story about how her husband is a drunkard and kicked her out of her house, Mr Gill offered her the job in his company and a staff quarter.

After parting from the hug Shehnaaz started blabbering

Shehnaaz: mujhe pata hi tha aap aur beeji mile hue ho.
Aapko pata hai mujhe late ho raha tha fir b unhone ne zabardasti breakfast karaya.

Maria Aunty: arey shant meri toofan mail.
sans lay zara.
And anyways breakfast karna achi baat hoti hai.
Ab jaa upar jaldi se. Ab nai ho raha tujhe late?

Shehnaaz: Haaye haan mai jaati hu..

With that she rushed to the elevator.

Shehnaaz's cabin was on the 2nd floor.
The 2nd floor of her office had only her cabin, her PA's desk and 2 huge meeting rooms.

As soon has she reached the floor, Shehnaaz went straight to her cabin.
Her schedule for the day and coffee was waiting for her.

She settled down on her seat and started reading the schedule.