Chapter 13

Siddharth's heart was cursing him for her condition
He knew that he is responsible for her miseries
His plans did not include her landing in the hospital
He wanted to keep her in his embrace forever and protect her from the world.

But what about you? She needs to be protected from you... mocked his heart.

In betwen all these thoughts he reached the hospital

After taking the room number from the receptionist he rushed to her room.

Madhu was waiting outside her room talking on phone with someone.

So he just went inside without anyone knowing.

Looking at the love of his life lying like this on the hospital bed was breaking his heart.

Her face was pale.. her eyes had dark circles.. her once chubby cheeks were no more there.. she had lost so much of weight
And not to forget the drip which was attached to her fragile hand.

She was still unconscious.

He took her other hand in between his big palms and kissed it multiple times.
He kneeled beside her bed entweining her fingers between both his palms.
His patience broke and tears started flowing from his eyes.

Siddharth: I am so sorry baby.. sab meri wajah se ho raha hai I know..
Teri iss condition ka zimmedar sirf mai hu..
But mai majboor hu.. wada kia tha maine Asim se
Please thoda aur sehen karle meri jaan..
Uske baad tera Siddharth sab kuch theek kar dega.. I promise

He kept his forehead on their entwined hands and was continuously sobbing.

He kept chanting sorrys to her but she was in deep sleep..

That's when Pammi Ji entered the room. Marie Aunty had called her.

She saw Siddharth sobbing holding the hand of an unconscious Shehnaaz.

She prayed in her mind seeing them

Pammi Ji: Babaji mujhe nahi pata ke aap meri bacchi ka baar baar imtehaan kyu lete ho.
Par please Babaji iss jodi ko hamesha sath rakhna..sare utar chadhav sath dekhe yeh bas meri yahi tamanna hai.

Babaji: sorry Pammi Ji.. yeh ladai meri bacchi akele ladegi..

Pammi Ji cleared her throat and Siddharth composed himself.

Pammi Ji: baat karni hai tujhse.. bahar aja.

Siddharth kissed her fingers and then her forehead .. wiped his tears and went out.

Siddharth: haan Pammi Ji boliye

Pammi Ji: tujhe pata hai iski yeh halat kaise hui?

Siddharth (in his mind): meri wajah se.
Nai Pammi Ji.. mujhe sachi kuch nahi pata
(He said looking down without meeting her eyes)

Pammi Ji: pichle 1 mahine mai isne 1 minute bhi chain ki saas nahi li..
Khana pina sona kuch dhang se nahi.

Siddharth: thoda time dijiye mujhe.. mai sab theek kar dunga.
(He said looking straight in her eyes)

Their conversation was interrupted by a phone call.
It was Varun

Siddharth: haan bol?

Varun: sir kaam continue karna hai ya you want me to end it?

Siddharth was regretting everything... he knew he will regret it more in the future.
His baby was in the hospital because of him but he will have to do it..
There is no turning back now.
Things have already gone too far.

Siddharth: if things need to stop I will tell you.
You do not need to use your brains there.
Jo kaam dia hai usme apna dimag lagao.

Varun: okay sir.

Siddharth: Pammji Ji mujhe bahut important meeting hai.. mujhe jana hoga..
Aap tension mat lo mai sari formalities khatam karke jaunga..
Par 1 kaam karna.. please kal morning mai mere aane se pehle isse ghar nai leke jana..
I need to talk to her about something very important.
And please don't tell her that mai aya tha.

Pammi Ji understood that it was between them so she did not ask furthur questions and nodded in agreement.

Siddharth then left from the hospital and Pammi Ji went inside her room.

------------------------------------
Aise toh tumlog sab smart ho.
Par jisko Varun and Siddharth ka conversations nai samja toh mai clear words mai samja du.

Varun and Sanju are Siddharth's pawns.

Varun was planted by Siddharth in the accounts department of Gill Events.
So his job was to steal money from their account and give the quotes to Sanju.
Also Varun gave daily reports of Shehnaaz's whereabouts to Siddharth.
That's how he was able to tell Siddharth when Shehnaaz fainted.. because woh wahi tha.

Sanju's work was to convince the investors to back off from investing in Gill Events.
And forwarding the information given by Varun to the competitors of Gill Events.
Also he had to plan how to stop any future investments in Gill Events.
------------------------------------
Next Day:

Shehnaaz came to her consciousness and saw a very sad Pammi Ji.

Shehnaaz: oye beeji kya hua aapko? aise muh kyu latkaya hua hai?

Pammi Ji: jiski beti hospital bed pe behosh padi ho woh maa toh khush hogi na?

Shehnaaz: arey behosh nai thi.. so rahi thi.. aaram nai kia na itne din se toh aaram kar rahi thi.
Strategy samjho na meri..

Pammi Ji understood that she was trying to lighten the mood so she gave in and giggled.

Pammi Ji: badmaash.

Just then the doctor came in

Doctor: so Miss Gill.. I can see that you are taking a lot of stress and very little energy these days.

Before Shehnaaz could explain anything Pammi Ji being the "Indian Mother" started blabbering.

Pammi Ji: hor nai toh kya.. na dhang se khati hai na dhang se soti hai..
Kuch schedule nai bas kaam aur kaam.

Doctor: Shehnaaz koi kaam apni health se important nahi hota.
If you are healthy and fine then you can solve all the problems but agar body hi sath nahi degi toh koi bhi kaam sahi se kaise hoga.

Shehnaaz: I understand doctor.

Doctor: okay so all you have to do is take the vitamin tablets which I prescribe and atleast 3 proper meals and day and 8 hours of sleep daily.
Then you will be all fit and fine to fight with the world if you want.

Pammi Ji: ab toh maine piche hi pad jana hai iske khane ko leke
And office mai Marie toh hai hi.

Shehnaaz just nodded in agreement because now she will have to face the "Mother India" side of both her mothers and she will not be able to do anything about it.

Pammi Ji cleared her throat and tried forming words

Pammi Ji: woh putter tujhse 1 baat karni thi

Shehnaaz: toh bolo na

Pammi Ji: bache woh Siddharth

Listening to his name Shehnaaz stopped her mid sentence and said

Shehnaaz: beeji please mujhe uske bare mai koi baat nahi karni.

------------------------------------

Milenge ab kal !😄