Chapter 133: Negotiations

On the solitude of his home, Azazel was wearing an incredulous look as he gazed at a small communication magic circle. Vali sent a private channel to him and he is currently speaking with the man

"Are you really serious about this, Vali?"

"Yeah. He... It's a she now, I guess. She is wishing for this. I'm also interested in this so I want it to happen."

Azazel leaned on his chair and took another sip of his drink. Vali's proposition sounds absurd but if he was being honest, it is capable of changing the power balance of the world

"Heh. But knowing you, I believe your mere interest isn't the only reason, am I right?"

Vali made a bitter smile at the words

"You are sharp as always. That is also the reason why you are getting alienated from other factions."

"I don't really care about that." shrugged Azazel in nonchalance

"Because you are getting involved in things which isn't any of your business, there are those that are thinking that perhaps you are plotting something."

"What can I say? This is my nature. I meddle too much and if someone was to attack me from the back, then I will accept it."

Vali nodded at the words. He then went back to his earlier discussion and wore a look of disbelief

"There are those who are after Ophis."

"Of course there are. And there would be an immeasurable number of those people. However, I'm sure they are having a bitter time since they can't eliminate her." Azazel mused

"That may be true. But it seems there are those types in our organization as well. It's about time they make their move."

"Are you referring to... Cao Cao?" A glint ran through Vali's eyes at the question

"I'm just going to make it clear whether he is my enemy or not."

"But you don't want him to be your ally either, right?"

"Well, he's most likely an enemy. It's about time we settle this." Vali made an expression of delight. Azazel sighed at this and ended their call.
________________________________________

"Hello again, my dear niece."

Erin made a small nod of recognition as she and the twins reached the lair. When midnight came, Hades sent a private message to the Goddess, requesting her to see him.

The rest of the members were already sleeping at the estate so the Goddess and the twins carefully left the place without being seen.

"Uncle Hades." Hades motioned for the three to sit in front of him and the trio followed. "Good to see you. What do you want to talk about?"

"I just wanted to catch up on a few things since you are in the Underworld."

A grim reaper floated towards Hades and whispered something to him. The twins shared looks of surprise upon recognizing him

"Pluto?"

"I guess he is back for whatever mission he was sent to." shrugged Azusa. The Goddess also had the same thoughts but kept it to herself

"Tell me, Erin.. are you willing to go back to Olympus?"

"What do you mean?" Hades cleared his throat before responding

"Do you want to go back.. Permanently."

Silence enveloped them for a short time until Erin spoke

"Permanently.. But doesn't that mean that I'll be leaving?"

"Well, you can think of it like returning to your previous life. Of course, you can always visit especially when you are sent on missions."

"Uncle Hades.." Erin shook her head. "What are you really trying to say?"

Hades gave her a firm stare before responding

"I'm giving you the chance to regain your previous life and quit being a devil."

Erin's eyes widened and the twins looked shock

"Uncle Zeus and Poseidon seems fine with it, though. So why?"

True to Erin's words, the 2 Gods are supportive of her new journey. They gave words of encouragement during the time she met with them at the Rating Game

"Because we should have been different." Hades scowled. "Those 2 are just blinded and not in their proper minds."

"But you're completely fine with it the first time we visit you." Erin made a small expression of hurt. "Were you just lying to us that time?"

"I admit I was just being considerate since they saved your life once. But the fact doesn't change that I hate them. Foolish bats and stupid crows are such a disgrace. Zeus and Poseidon shouldn't have negotiated with them." Hades sneered at the thought while Erin gave him a look of disbelief

"Why do you hate them so much?"

"Because I don't consider them equal to us! Erin, you shouldn't have been involved with them. You are a Deity who is far above them!"

"That doesn't change the fact that I want to stay with them!" Erin protested and stood up. "More so, that I now established a deep bond with them. I can't just leave them like that."

"It's about that devil woman, correct? You don't have to tie yourself to her. You can have anyone you want just not with those lowly beings."

"Are you hearing yourself right now?" Erin shook her head in disbelief and turned away from the God. The twins followed her and before they can leave, Hades spoke his words in a neutral tone.

"Are you really sure that this is the path you wish to take? The path together with those disgraceful beings?"

Erin didn't bother to turn around when voicing her reply

"My answer remains the same. I will stand by their side."

"Even if this path will lead to your death?"

Erin's jaw clenched but she maintained her firm tone.

"Yes. Nothing will change my decision. If the inevitable happens, I will just find my way back to them."

With those words, Erin and the twins finally left the lair. They can't pin point why... but the cold breeze seemed harsher during that night.

- End of Chapter -