Chapter 159: Lost life

It was a crumbling field. Ophis and Erin was walking through it yet the latter felt like she wasn't moving at all. She can't feel her strength anymore and she was being supported by Ophis as they continue their walk forward

"How ironic.. I'm having Ophis help me when I came to rescue her...."

Erin glanced at the Dragon-God beside her. She squinted her eyes and realized that her eyesight is getting blurry. It reached the point where she can't clearly identify Ophis' image. She can't feel the effects of the curse, and the pain from earlier already vanished.

"{My child.. it's almost time...}"

"I know, Voltaire." Erin smiled faintly. "This is the fate we must go through.. I can feel my body getting lighter.. so I know that it is bound to happen soon.."

"{ I meant to say that the Governor-General and the others are probably about to open the Dragon Gate for us.. the only thing left is for them to summon us...}"

"Oh.. of course. I know that so yeah, let's go on.."

Voltaire didn't respond. Silence loomed over them as Erin and Ophis continued to walk

"Hey Ophis..."

The Dragon-God looked up curiously at the Goddess

"What do you want to do once you return?"

"Return? I do not have any place to return to. The Dimensional gap, I do not have the power to return to it."

"Then... you can return to my place."

"The house of Blue Empress?"

"Yeah, that's right." Erin smiled weakly as she felt that she can't advance any further. "If you were able to get along with Asia... and Irina... then you can get along with everyone else as well. Voltaire shall assist you so you can go back to my house."

*(Boogsh!)*

Erin's strength left her and she fell down to the floor. Ophis stopped walking and gazed at the Goddess on the floor

"Ophis... have you ever fallen in love with someone?"

"I haven't. Have you?"

The image of a crimson hair flashed back on Erin's mind.

"{ My child... probability of death.. has reached 100%...}"

"Yeah.. I know..." Erin released a sigh and started narrating to Ophis

"Everyone at the house.. is special to me.. Asia is a crybaby.. same as Issei who randomly cries at unusual times.. so I have to return quickly."

"Kiba is dignified.. I don't want to see traces of his face getting anguished again... as for Koneko-chan, I'm glad that she's getting along with Ravel.."

The Goddess' hearing already lessened yet she continued to narrate her stories

"Xenovia.. and Irina... I remember when they were enemies at first... And Rossweisse.. she looks so comical when she cried about her 980-yen jersey getting destroyed..."

"Gasper.. I remember when we ventured the skies.. and made a step outside the world..."

"Voltaire, this person has the curse circulating throughout her body. She's already at her limits." Ophis informed

"{I know that, Ophis. I already know that... she and I... already know that...}"

"That Azazel who keeps on calling me Erin-chi.." the Goddess chuckled faintly.. "I hate it at first so when did I get accustomed to it?"