The Chateau

After a mostly silent ride, we arrived at the Chateau. It was almost dark.

We stayed in the van for a moment and looked around. It seems like we haven't been here in forever. It's been awhile.

JJ got out first. Kiara and Pope followed.

When they reached the door, JJ reached out to the knob. He opened it. They all hesitated for a moment before walking in.

After a minute of wandering, Kie spoke up. "I forgot how messy it always is." She started to pick up a few things. Pope helped.

JJ threw himself on the couch. "What the hell?" He exclaimed. "What's so squishy?" He got up and pulled out an aged burrito. He let out a small laugh. "Well, there's your burrito that disappeared!" He motioned to Pope.

'Disgusting! Throw that thing away!" Pope pronounced.

JJ looked at it for a bit. "You know, some people would love to have this." He said.

"Yeah JJ, maybe if it wasn't sitting in a couch for months, there is literally ants crawling out of it." Pope shot out.

JJ looked at it. "Shit, gross!" He threw the burrito.

"Sure, I'll just pick it up." Kie said giving a sarcastic smile. She grabbed a bag and picked the burrito up with it.

After about 10 minutes of cleaning up, we all sat down on the couch.

Kiara POV:

Pope and I haven't talked about the kiss, we haven't even seen each other until today. I already know what's coming.

"Uh" Pope broke the silence. He glanced at me.

I turned my gaze towards him.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

I quickly turned my eyes to the floor.

"Yeah, about what?" I said already knowing what he wanted to talk about.

"Kie, you know what I'm talking about." He said as I shifted my eyes towards him.

"Okay." I replied

JJ was sitting on the other side of the couch awkwardly.

We both stared at him.

"I'll let myself out." He said bowing before walking into the other room, shutting the door behind him.

After a few long moments of silence, Pope spoke up.

"So the kiss"

I looked down to the floor.

Pope moved closer on the couch.

"I really enjoyed it"

I looked into his eyes and felt a storm of guilt.

"Pope..." I sighed.

"What kiara?" He spoke a little louder. "Tell me how you're feeling about this." He finished.

"I-i don't know." I stuttered.

"Kiara, you've had months to think about it, it's all I've been thinking of! You could at least give me an answer." His voice sounded tense.

"Pope-" I said as he cut me off.

"No, kiara! Enough with 'Pope', just tell me!"

"I'm sorry, I just, I don't feel the same." I sighed as I could feel the tears coming.

Pope broke his gaze from mine. He closed eyes for a moment, then opened them.

"Why did you do this to me Kiara?" He raised his voice.