Chapter 18

Grace's POV

I wake up alone, I'm sure Namjoon was here when I fell asleep...

Before I can continue that thought I'm interrupted by Namjoon walking into my room with a mug of tea for me, pressing a kiss to the top of my head as he sets it on the bedside table next to me.

"Good morning..." I say shyly, thinking I probably look a mess after just waking up.

"Morning beautiful, how did you sleep?" He asks as he gets back into my bed, pulling me into a cuddle. I feel myself blush at his compliment, the way he's asking because he cares...

"I slept well actually, no nightmares so that was nice." I reply with a small laugh.

"Good, I'm glad..." He says a little distracted.

"Are you ok?" I ask nervously, worried about the answer.

"It's nothing, don't worry..." He mumbles.

I pull myself back from his body and look at him. There's a look on his face that makes my heart sink. He's angry...

"I know that look Namjoon, you're angry about something." I say more confidently than I feel.

"I'm not angry at you Grace, don't think that...it's just last night when I was helping you clean up from the paint, I saw something..." he stops, swallowing, his fists tightening.

"What did you see?" I ask confused, trying to think what could have made him this angry.

"Those scars on your body, that scar on your body..." he says through gritted teeth, avoiding my gaze, but I still notice the tear roll down his cheek.

"Why are you angry about those? They're just silly scars..." I try and reason, still confused about why it's upset him so much.

"Grace you don't get it, that's not normal! You shouldn't look like that!" His voice comes loud and desperate, like he's trying to make me understand.

My heart sinks, and I move off of the bed. I can feel the panic tightening my chest, my heart picking up pace as I back away from him.

"You think I'm disgusting..." I whisper, my voice cracking. Memories come flooding back.

"Look at you, you're disgusting. You're a fucking mess, you're lucky I even want you." Master spits at me, bending down and pressing his lit cigarette to my thigh. I let out a whimper, it used to be a scream, but I'm used to the pain now.

"What do you say slut?" He asks mockingly.

"T-thank you f-for wanting me Master."

"Pathetic." He smirks before standing up and walking out, slamming the door behind him.

Namjoon's hands on my shoulders shaking me snap me out of my thoughts, the sudden shock making me scream. I can't stop screaming...

Namjoon's POV

"Grace? Grace hey?" I say gently trying to get her to look at me, panic in my voice. I didn't mean to upset her, of course I don't think she's disgusting...

I approach her placing my hands on her shoulders and giving her a gentle shake. She snaps out of whatever world she was in and begins screaming causing me to jump, holding my hands up in defence unsure as to what's going on.

"Grace..." I say calmly, though my heart is racing.

She steps back until her back hits the wall, sliding down to the floor and curling herself up into a tiny screaming ball of sorrow.

Suddenly the door bursts open, Jimin staring at me wide eyed as Tae follows in behind and Yoongi not far behind either.

Tae gets on the floor next to her trying to comfort her and calm her down, but it's not working.

"What happened?!" Jin asks concerned as he joins the growing crowd in her room.

"I...I don't know...she asked why I was angry..." I stutter, my voice small and confused.

"What did you say?!" Tae snaps, turning to glare at me.

"I...I d-didn't mean..." I take a step back, my body trembling as I look at Grace on the floor, her screams turning into distraught sobs.

"Yoongi take Namjoon downstairs and get him some tea, we can talk about this later." Jin says firmly, looking at me sympathetically.

She's not disgusting...

Jimin's POV

"Jimin help me get her up." Taehyung says kneeling beside her running his hands through his hair. As he wraps an arm around her shoulder to pull her up, she starts screaming again, lashing out with her hands, pushing him away.

"No! No please!" She begs, backing herself into the corner of the room away from us.

Tae stands and turns to us, his eyes filled with sorrow, looking to us for answers, for help.

"Grace, sweet girl, what do you want us to do? How can we help?" I ask stepping in front of Tae and sitting in front of her cross legged, far enough that I'm not in her space, but close enough that she can reach me if she wants to.

She pushes her head back into the wall repeatedly as she sobs, the force not dangerous but I can't imagine it would feel good.

"Grace, I need you to stop doing that, I don't want you to hurt yourself..." I explain calmly but with a firm edge.

She continues a few more times before stopping, her head now just resting against the wall with her eyes tightly shut, her crying easing slightly.

"Thank you sweet girl, you're doing so well. Tell me what you need, what can I do to make this better?" I continue softly, my eyes fixed on her.

"I...I d-...don't know..." she manages to get out between she stuttering sobs.

"Would you like a cuddle?" I offer.

"No..." she whispers.

"Do you want us to go?" Jin asks from behind me.

"No!" She shouts panicked, her eyes snapping open and focusing on mine.

"Ok sweetheart, we're not going to leave you." Tae says reassuring her.

"P-Pingy..." she manages to mumble.

Tae quickly turns and collects the penguin stuffy on her bed, handing it to me. I shuffle forward slightly, holding the penguin out in front of me. Her hands gently grab it, pulling it to her chest tightly and holding it like her life depended on it, her crying eventually turning into sniffles and hiccups. I turn to look at Tae and Jin behind me, the same question on all our minds.

What the fuck happened...?