Chapter 21

Grace's POV

As Tae drove us to the small grocery store to pick up snacks, I noticed he looked a little tense, glancing in the rear view mirror more than necessary. I'm sure he's just being cautious, but it's put me on edge a little. I try and focus on the guys in the back goofing around, hoping their antics will distract me a little.

As we park up, Tae insists we all go, texting one of the others where we are as we file into the little shop. I hang back with Tae, my hand finding his and giving it a little squeeze, a small unsure smile appearing on his lips.

"What's wrong?" I ask when I muster the courage.

"It's nothing really..." he sighs, his hand running through his hair.

"Tae please? I'm not stupid, I can tell you're worried, so what are you worrying about?" I press.

"I'm sure it's nothing, but I felt like I was being watched when I was on the phone earlier, but when I looked around, there was no one there. I'm sure I'm just a little paranoid after last time..." he trails off, his hand tugging me to his side so he can put his arm around me.

I lean into him, feeling safer close to him as always. "I'm sure it was nothing, let's just hurry up the snack fiend and get home." I say trying to lighten the mood.

*-*

As we get back to the car with even more bags, I feel Tae pull me to him making us stop just short of it.

"What? What is it?" I ask panicked, my eyes darting around as I try and see what's going on.

"The fucking tires..." he growls lowly, his arms circling me, my back pressed to his chest. I look at the tire nearest me, quickly noticing the slashes in the rubber. We're stuck...

Jungkook's POV

I drop the bags before heading to the back of the car, my hands tugging at my hair in frustration as I see every tire has been knifed. Then my eyes land on something tucked into the rear wiper blade, my fists clenching tight as I see a single pink rose and a note card.

"Jimin, come here please?" I say trying to remain calm.

"What is it?" He asks curiously, before his eyes land on the 'gift' I was pointing at. "Oh." His own voice sounding strained.

"What does it say?" I ask through gritted teeth, my head shaking at Tae when he looks at me questioningly.

I watch as Jimin tugs the note card from under the wiper, the pink floral design and pink rose making me think of Grace. She loves pink...

"See you soon Grace, Master misses you xx" Jimin manages to spit, he eyes flickering with rage.

"Call the others, they need to come and get her, she's not safe stranded like this." I tell Jimin before heading back to where Tae and Grace are waiting.

"What is it Jungkook?" She asks pleading, her body trembling between Tae's arms.

"Jimin's calling the others to come and get you, you don't want to be out here whilst we wait for recovery." I say, not wanting to tell her about the note card.

"All the tires?" Tae asks annoyed.

"Yup." I sigh.

"Fucker..." he groans his head tipping back in frustration.

"Right, they'll be here in 15 minutes and they'll take Grace home." Jimin says slipping his phone back into his pocket.

"What's that?" Grace asks quietly, her eyes locked on the note card in Jimin's other hand.

Shit.

Grace's POV

I'm trying so hard to stay calm, but I can't help the feeling of panic tightening my chest.

"Right, they'll be here in 15 minutes and they'll take Grace home." Jimin says as he joins us at the front of the car, my eyes noticing a small card in his hand.

"What's that?" I whisper, my eyes not leaving his hand.

"It's nothing Grace..." he starts to explain, trying to jam it in his trouser pocket.

"Well if it's nothing it doesn't matter if you show me." I say more confidently than I'm feeling.

"Sweetheart..." comes Tae's voice behind me.

"Please Jimin?" I beg.

His shoulders slump as he sighs, stepping forward with his hand outstretched offering me the card.

I shakily take it, noting the pink design on the front before turning it over and reading the message written on the back. Tae's arms tighten around me, making it impossible to move, his nose pressing to the top of my head offering an attempt at comfort.

He was here...

Jin's POV

My mind is running through every scenario as I drive us to Grace and the others, my knuckles white from the tightness of my grip on the steering wheel.

We're all sat in silence, the air filled with a mixture of frustration, anger and sadness. Why can't he just leave her be?

"Left here, then you'll see the sign." Hobi directs from the passenger seat.

As we pull up to them, we all look for Grace, checking that she's still there, that she's still safe.

Before I can even put the handbrake on, Namjoon and Yoongi have unbuckled and jumped out of the car. Namjoon goes straight to Grace and pulls her into a tight hug, Yoongi heading to Jungkook to look at the tires, his face furious.

"Jin, you should go and talk to Jungkook first, it wasn't just the tires." Jimin says nodding his head in their direction before going to fill Hobi in.

"What happened Jungkook?" I ask with a frown as I head to where he and Yoongi are standing.

"He left that, and a note saying he will see her soon and he misses her." He explains with anger in his voice as he points at the pink rose tucked under the wiper blade. I swallow, realising how close he'd come to her and how exposed we currently were. "We need to stay as calm as we can right now for her." I say lowly, looking at the two of them seriously, their feelings written clearly in their body language.

"Let's get out of here." Yoongi mumbles heading back to our car with his fists clenched.

Let's get her home...