Chapter 3

I hugged my parents goodbye and got on the train for school.  I had barely managed to process the information given to me, and at this point in time I didn't know what to believe.  Harry wasn't a liar, I knew that, but he had no evidence- unlike my parents.  And since when have they cared for my well being?  What if this was a scheme to get themselves in good with the Ministry so they could get a property in Hogsmeade or something?

But then I remembered seeing my mother cry.  She never cried.  This had to be real.

And Dumbledore- he constantly brushed my warnings aside and in a way allowed Cedric Diggory to die.  Maybe he was evil.

And the worst part of this all was that now I'd have to kiss the Slytherins's arses to get them to be my friends.  They were the last person I'd ever want to be friends with, and I was very glad when I had gotten Malfoy to leave me alone the previous year.  Now I'd have to deal with him and his gang all over again.

But there was one truly terrible thing I'd have to deal with right in this very moment.  And I realized this when I made eye contact with fucking Fred Weasley.

"Hey!"  He said cheerfully, as if nothing had happened at all.

"You!  I sent you countless letters over the Summer and I didn't receive a single reply!  Do you have anything to say for yourself?!"

He stumbled backwards, "I, erm..  Uh..."

"Was this a big joke you were playing over Summer?  If that's the case then I am very upset with you, Fred Weasley.  I thought you were hurt, missing, and for a moment even dead.  I had to read the Daily Prophet every single day to make sure I didn't see your name on it.  Do you know how annoying Rita Skeeter's articles are?  And I had to read every single word of them!  Only to finally see the name 'Weasley' briefly mentioned when Harry Potter was on the front cover for his expulsion trial!"

The door behind us slid open as Fred's twin stepped inside, "What's all this then?"

"Don't play dumb with me, George!  Why have you and your family been ignoring all of my letters?"

George looked at his brother nervously and then back at me, "Errol died."

"You're right, he did.  Two years ago!"

"She knew about that?"  George asked his brother.

"I was there when Ron found out, the poor bloke was in tears."

"Fine."  Fred said, "You want the truth?"

"Writing to you reminded me of how we were apart, and the pain was so overwhelming that I could not bring myself to pen another letter.  It's embarrassing, but it's true."

"Wow."  I said sarcastically, "You two really do think I'm an idiot."

"I was busy!"  He blurted.

"Busy with what?"

"Stuff!  Busy with stuff."

"You're being vague.  If you don't give me a good reason right now then I'll- then I'll break up with you!"

"Don't do that.  I want to tell you, I really do.  But I can't."

"Why?"

"I just can't!"

"Fine. If you can't trust me then I guess this is over."

"Please, just try to understand-"

"I can't understand if you won't tell me anything, Fred."