23

"Guys this is never going to work. I can't stay hidden in the room for twenty four hours. I'll go crazy." Amber paces the small room, as Jordan and Andi try to calm her down. "Amber, stop being such a damn baby. This is a good plan. Even if it was Jordan's. You just have to stay hidden until tomorrow night. Sleep. Read. Write. You've been saying you needed to take some time to write some new songs. We just have to make sure Joe doesn't see you or find out you're on the ship until it's time for him to."

Amber dramatically throws herself onto her bed, burying her face in a pillow, fake crying. "It's useless."

Jordan sits down on the bed next to Amber, he pats her back and says, "Honey, it'll be fine. This plan will work. We just have to do it right." Amber slides over and lays her head on his lap. "Pops, you really think it'll work?" This warms his heart. He rubs her hair and tells her he knows it'll work. It's time for all the guys to meet up and head out for the Sail Away party. He hates she has to miss it, but its for the greater good. "I've got to go meet the guys. We'll all be right out in the hall, so please stay in here. I can take you around the ship tonight, after I know he's sleeping." Amber moves her head back to her pillow. Jordan leans down and kisses her cheek before he goes out the door.

Andi can't believe what she just saw. "Pops? You're calling him Pops now? That's great Amber. I'm happy for you. Now you rest up, I'm going to the party." Amber throws a pillow at her head as she walks out the door.

Andi runs right into someone as she comes out the door laughing at Amber. It's Jordan, he's talking to Joe and Jon. They all go silent when they see Andi. She casually says hello to them all and briskly walks away. Hoping Joe doesn't figure out that Amber's here because why else would Andi be on this damn boat without her.

"Really Jordan? Andi?" Joe gives Jordan a disgusted look. Jordan's confused, he's not sure what Joe means. He laughs, "Joe what in the world are you getting at?"

"I saw you come out of that room, looking pretty damn happy. Then Andi comes out, same look on her face. Are you fucking Amber's best friend? Does Amber know?"

Jordan really starts laughing now. "Joe, I'm not fucking Andi. Jeez, calm down. I finally have a relationship with my daughter, you think I'd screw that up by fucking her friend? Plus, I'm married Joe. How could you think I'd sleep with my daughter's best friend?"

"Well because sometimes you can be a selfish prick who only does what makes himself happy and to hell with everyone else. And why else would Andi be on the cruise without Amber?" Joe's head turns to the door, "Wait, is Amber here? Did she come on the cruise?"

Jordan panics just a little, thinking Joe might find out too soon. "No Joe, she's not here. I invited Amber and Andi. Amber said yes at first but changed her mind a couple of days ago. She said it would just be too hard for her to see you, knowing she can't have you. I think she still misses you man. She doesn't really talk about you to me much. But she has asked about you from time to time." Jordan puts his arm around Joe's shoulders and walks him away from the door. "Sorry bro, I tried to get her out here. I think it's time I let my hang-ups go. I want you both to be happy and I can see how unhappy being apart makes you both. I wasn't sure if you still felt that way about her or not. I mean it has been a year. A lot can change over a year." Jordan wants to gauge Joe's reaction, see if he's right about Joe still being in love with Amber.

"Jordan of course I feel the same way. I'm still in love with her. She's not the kind of girl you ever just get over. Honestly I'm not even sure I've looked at another woman since I met Amber. The last year has been torture for me."

"Then you need to get her back. Maybe I was wrong and you two belong together." Joe and Jon can't believe what they're hearing. Jordan just admitted he was wrong and told Joe to get back together with Amber.

"Are you giving me your blessing to date your daughter now? Why now? What's changed?"

Jordan pauses, trying to say this the right way. "Nothing's changed, except I know my daughter now. I can see what you see in her. I can see it goes way beyond her looks or her age. She's one of the most amazing human beings I've ever met. And she may be young, but she's got an old soul. And I know what she sees in you too. You're both amazing and deserve happiness, with each other. So yes, after the cruise, you one hundred percent have my blessing."

Joe can't believe what he's hearing. He's overjoyed, he actually grabs Jordan in a bear hug and lifts him off his feet. "Alright Joe, for God's sake put me down before everyone thinks I just said yes to a marriage proposal from you. We've still got the cruise to get through, so keep your head in showing our fans a great time. Hey how's this years crop of duet partners looking? Duets at Dusk is tomorrow night right?"

Joe puts Jordan down, he's unable to stop smiling. All he can think about is getting off the cruise and finally being with Amber again. "Yeah, tomorrow night. I think we picked a pretty great group this year. Wait until you hear this girl Kelly. She's fucking phenomenal. I'm saving her for last, she'll be a great closer."

Jordan smiles, he knows who Kelly is, he also knows she won't be singing tomorrow night.