8.

Giselle
Midnight

"GG, are you sure you want to do this? I really think you should talk to Abir first before going and doing something crazy." Mila said to me as all of us girls walked in our heels and cute dresses to Kayla's house for this party.

"Why? Why should I talk to him, Mila? He had sex with somebody else and talked shit about me to her."

"That enough for me to realize that Abir and I are really over and there's no fixing what we have." I spat to her angrily.

I loved my cousin, I really did and I was happy to be back home, spending time with her but she was getting on my nerves at the moment. She was vouching for Abir as if he didn't do me dirty, on camera, in front of the entire neighborhood.

"Okay so you're going to go and lay up under some new nigga after just two days being back and not even talking to the man you love?" She snapped, grabbing my arm as Kayla and Asia kept walking so that we could talk.

"You know you love him, G. And you know that's was the main focus you had coming back here."

"I know you love us and granny but you know Abir was the first person on your mind when your mama said you could come back here and begin your life.." She trailed off and I shook my head, holding back tears.

Honestly, everything she was saying was true but it was too late for all of that. Abir was out here having sex with people and I'd waited on him all three years. Not only did I feel stupid but I was embarrass to know that I'd went so long being dedicated to him and the energy wasn't reciprocated.

"I love him, Mila." I finally admitted, looking down at the ground.

"But I can't hold onto a relationship that's obviously over. Abir doesn't even want to talk to me, let alone rekindle a relationship that ended three years ago." I shook my head in defeat.

"I'm not holding onto it anymore. It's not worth it."

"So what are you going to do? Pretend he doesn't live around here too. Pretend that these niggas you're about to parade around in this party aren't all of his friends?" She went on, trying to talk sense into me but I wasn't hearing it right now.

I was too hurt to.

"You know all of them niggas in there are his friends. All Poodie and them friends are his friends, G."

"And so what?" I shrugged, knowing that this could hurt me in the long run but nothing could hurt me more than Abir already did.

"So what if they're his friends. We aren't together anymore, Mila. I can talk to or be with who I want and nobody can stop me." I snaked my neck.

"Alright." She shrugged, finally letting me go.

"Do what you want cousin but don't say I didn't warn you." She gave up on her speech before we made our way toward the loudest house on the block.

Tonight was going to be everything and more.

*

Hours later
(3am)

"Cardiana!" I yelled to the music as everybody in the party got lit and I continued dancing on the finest boy that I could find.

I'd been dancing on him for about an hour now and enjoyed every moment of it.

"Real bitch, I don't be with all that drama. Mindin' my business, I'm unbothered." I wined my hips on him, feeling the shots beginning to kick in.

"I ain't draggin', I'm lit. Fuck clappin' back, bitch, I'm clappin' on the dick." I stuck my tongue out as people began to hype me up while I did and the guy placed his hand on my hips, guiding me.