19.

Abir

"I'm surprised you ain't with yo' girl today." Tone spoke up while I shoved the money I'd just made into my pocket.

"What y'all gon' through it again?" He asked and I ain't say shit but it was as if on cue, her and her "friends" came turning the block, making their way into the store.

I looked directly at her, seeing that her hair was done and she was dressed up, walking around with these lil' bitches like they was cool.

Scoffing to myself, I looked over to Tone and he sighed, shaking his head.

"I'm just' letting her do her." I spoke up, leaning onto the wall.

"She think she know what she doing, hanging with these girls she think is her friends. Letting them tell her whatever bout' me.."

"It's cool though. I'm just gon' let them keep filling her head with that bullshit."

"Telling her I ain't shit and all this other bullshit." I went on, patting my pockets for my lighter.

"Cause I got something for that. So it don't even matter." I shrugged before removing my already rolled blunt from my ear and lighting it up.

"Just chill out, neph. Let her have her time." My uncle spoke up, making me madder.

"I'm letting her have her fuckin' time." I snapped unwillingly and he shook his head.

"I'm just buying mine." Was all I said as I watched closely at them walk out the store now and caught eye contact with G when they did.

When she saw me, she looked at me for a while before she looked down sadly and they pulled her along, whispering shit in her ear.

"It's cool." I chuckled, putting my blunt out since I couldn't even smoke no more. I was too mad to.

"Watch." I spat, nodding my head.

*

Giselle
Later that night

"So I can't go now?" Mila asked in amusement as she pointed to herself.

"I guess not. Kayla's being weird about it."

"She said she just wanted to spend time with me without you for once." I shrugged it off, thinking nothing of it because it was a valid reason.

Mila and I had been spending time together the entire first month of me being home. I had the right to spend my time with people outside of her.

"G, are you serious?" She looked at me in disbelief.

"Do you not see that these girls have something up their sleeves and you're going out with them tonight, like their your friends."

"They're not your friends, girl." She went on, trying to fill my head again, just like she did about Abir.

Taking his side as usual.

"I'm mad that you don't see that they just want to stir up some more drama up and that's exactly what they doing."

"No with me and you." She pointed between us and I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"No they're not, Mila." I shook my head at her, considering all day today Kayla and Asia were just trying to take my mind off of Abir.

They hadn't said anything about Mila but here she was making it about her.

"Why are you being so damn naive, GG?"

"You want Abir's attention since he hasn't talk to you in a week?" She raised her eyebrows, trying to be smart.