26.

Giselle

Pulling up to his mom's house, we sat in the car a while as we both sat in silence. We were both obviously coming to terms with what we'd just had a conversation about and now I knew it was time for me to tell my mom and it was time for him to tell his.

"Gon' head in there and tell my mama.." He trailed off, making me shoot my head in his direction.

"I'm bout' to sit here and smoke this blunt right quick."

"Wait, Abir. You want me to tell her?" I spoke barely above a whisper as I pointed to myself and he nodded nonchalantly.

"Whatchu scared of my mama now?" He asked, slanting his lips and I frantically shook my head.

"No but that's not the point. I can't just tell her that I'm pregnant, Abir."

"That's not something I can just do.." I trailed off, considering I'd just had the hardest time even telling him, now I was supposed to go and tell his mom.

"Why not?" He shrugged.

"I know she be hearing you begging and screaming from my room. She knew something was bound to happen some time."

Slapping his arm hard, he chuckled lightly as he tried to duck away from my hit before he began to roll his blunt.

"I'm fuckin' with you, G."

"She already know though so gon' head and confirm it to her while I smoke this blunt, ma."

"Oh." I looked down before looking up again.

"Wait-" I started but stopped, confused by this whole conversation but I dismissed it, thinking nothing of it.

"Okay." Was all I said, taking his keys then making my way out of the car and into his house.

"Hi, Ms. Johnson." I spoke as I walked in, making her look over to me.

"Hi, baby." She smiled wide as she stood to her feet and pulled me in for a hug.

She hugged me a while and I honestly enjoyed every moment of it as we continued to. After a minute or two though, she finally let me go as I sat down beside her on the couch, putting Abir's keys down onto the coffee table.

"I really need to talk to you." I blurted out to her now as she looked at me with understanding eyes.

"What's going on?" She asked me knowingly and I looked down at my hands before I looked back up at her.

"I'm-" I started but stopped and she saw how nervous I was as she placed her hand on top of mine, trying to calm me down.

"Take your time, GG." She said to me and I nodded slowly, getting my words together.

"Abir just wanted to tell you that I'm pregnant and I'm going to be having a baby soon." I expressed to her and she smiled wide looking at me while I did the same, matching her energy.

"So it's true?" She asked and I nodded in confusion as she pulled me in for another hug, hugging me tightly now.

"Abir told me this but I didn't know how true it was." She went on, confusing me even more as I sat there, hugging her.

"Did he ever talk to you about what I told him to?" She asked, pulling away from me now and I furrowed my eyebrows, shaking my head.