Chapter Eight:

Margaret and I come back inside and see Stefan unconscious on the ground. We look at Klaus and Rebekah in confusion.

"Grab your things, we're going to Mystic Falls," He says.

Margaret groans.

"I thought we were done there," She says.

"Mary, please. Just get ready to go" He says.

I grab Margaret's arm and lead her away so that we can go prepare to head back to the town that we hated the most.

Klaus waits for Margaret and me outside of the truck. "Margaret stay with Rebekah and Stefan. Natalia came with me" He says.

Margaret squeezes my hand one last time before we let go of each other.

Klaus puts an arm around my waist and leads me into the school. "I have a sneaky feeling as to why my hybrids aren't working," He says as we enter the school.

"Why's that?" I ask.

Elena- wait? Yes, Elena comes out of a classroom room, and Klaus and I appear behind her.

"Hello, Elena," Klaus says, scaring her, causing her to turn around.

"Klaus" She breathes.

"Don't be rude. I'm here too" I say.

"Natalia," She says, looking at me.

"Yes, yes. Now that we're all caught up come with me" Klaus says grabbing Elena and leading her away.

"You've put a real kink in my plans, sweetheart. I haven't been able to make more hybrids and I'm sure that has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing" Klaus says angrily as he drags her through the halls.

"If you're going to kill me, Klaus, just do it," Elena says as she tries to keep up with his fast pace.

"Not until I know I'm right, plus I have ideas on making you suffer," He says as he throws the door to the gym open and shoves her inside.

"Attention seniors!" Klaus calls in an American accent, "Prank night is over. Head on home" He says.

Everyone groans and starts to leave.

Klaus stops two kids who are about to leave.

"I remember you two," he says.

"I'm sorry?" One of them asks.

"Don't worry I wasn't in my right headspace when we met. Dana put your right foot up for me love" He replies.

She does as he says.

"Thank you. If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death understood?" Klaus asks Chad.

He nods.

"Klaus you don't have to hurt anyone," Elena says, panicked.

"Aw love, of course, I do" Klaus replies.

"Natalia please. Don't let him do this, it's not right," She says to me.

"Elena I've been loyal to Klaus for five hundred years, your whining isn't going to break that" I replied.

Klaus laughs lightly.

"You're pathetic," he sneers.

Bonnie and Matt come barging into the gym.

"Ah, I wondered when you two were going to show up. Chad and Dana sit tight" He says.

The two scurry away like a couple of rats released from a cage.