The New Girl in Town

Emmett sat on the school bus looking out the window. He was shaking tremendously all over. He'd had a dream the night before that was terrifying. A lot of people said he was a coward, which he couldn't argue with.

He got scared when thinking about being injured. He'd only ever broken one bone in his body and he has been terrified ever since.

Emmett's best friend sat down next to him "Hey, Em. How's your morning so far?"

"Horrible." Emmett answered "You know, the therapist said my nightmare's would leave on their own, but they're just getting worse."

A girl, who was sitting behind us, snorted. Emmett turned around "Who are you?"

The girl sat up "What's it to you?"

"The fact that you laughed at me when I said I have nightmares." he snapped.

"Yo, Em. She's a girl. Don't yell at her, she'll cry." Jack said to me.

The girl looked at him and lunged her head at him. Jack was sent flying backward at the back of the seat in front of them.

Emmett looked at her "How'd you do that?"

"Simple. I practiced." she said, holding out her hand "I'm Ella."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

When the bus pulled up to the school, Ella, Jack, and Emmett got off together and proceeded into the school. Immediately, someone shot a spitball at Emmett. He turned around incredibly fast.

"Come on, Gabriel! I know that was you!" he said, his voice staying calm.

A bigger boy, maybe a few years older than Emmett approached them "Still a coward, Jaceon?" he asked rhetorically.

Emmett looked at him "Yes. And you know what....."

Gabriel grabbed Emmett's wrist and started to twist it in a full 360.

Ella turned red with fury "Oh, look, Jaceon. You've got yourself a girlfriend...." he looked at Ella "....and a pretty one, too. You always have that pretty black hair."

Ella locked her jaw tightly before she shoved her knee into the air, hitting Gabriel's private area "To answer your question, yes. I've always had my hair color."

Ella turned around and stomped away. Jack and Emmett, holding his arm, looked from each other, to Gabriel, to Ella for the next few seconds before they ran off after her.

Catching up with Ella "Hey! Ella! How'd you do that?"

Ella turned to him with a look of confusion "I lifted my knee and kneed him in the balls." she crossed her arms and brought her right index finger to her temple; tapping it "You're not very bright up here, are you?"

Emmett turned red "That's not what I meant. Um, I mean, you have guts. Gabriel is the biggest boy in our grade and you made him go weak at the knees."

Ella moved toward him "And I could easily do it to you, Emmett. So, leave it behind us."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

The day was quite interesting, because no one wanted to get anywhere near Ella. Meaning, no one wanted to get anywhere near Emmett and Jack, who stayed real close to Ella the entire day. Like the coward he knows he is, he was glad he had someone to hide behind.

They were halfway through lunch when Ella got up to use the bathroom. Gabriel approached the boys.

"Looks like your protector is gone now. Time to make up for lost time."

Gabriel picked Emmett up by the collar. Emmett struggled at his fists until something hard to explain happened. He pushed against Gabriel's head and Gabriel was sent flying into the wall. Emmett was so surprised, he ran out of the cafeteria. That and he was terrified of what Gabriel would do. He ran down the hall until he reached the bathrooms.

There, Emmett stood outside against the lockers until Ella came out. When she did, he grabbed onto her shoulders and shook her violently.

"What have you done to me, Ella?! What have you done?!" he said.

Ella seemed shocked all the same "What are you talking about, Emmett?"

Emmett pointed down the hall "I just shoved Gabriel all the way across the lunchroom. What do you mean, what am I talking about? This is your do---"

Ella covered Emmett's mouth and looked down the hall "You are the Emmett I've been looking for. Come with me." she pulled Emmett into the girls bathroom "A few months ago, I got a visit from a boy named Dillan. He told me that when I moved to Maine, I needed to find my brother, who's name is Emmett. Dillan said you'd have super strength, or something along those lines."

Emmett looked at Ella "You're my sister?"

"Twin sister." Ella added.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Loki, who'd been pouring wine back and forth from one cup to another, jumped about two feet when Thor barged into the room.

"Brother. They've found each other. The twins know each other."

Loki stood abruptly "Do you know if they're alright?"

Thor looked at him "They both in perfect health. But, I might worry for Emmett's mental state. He might put himself down once in a while."

"Why would he do that, brother? He's--" Loki started.

Thor cut him off "He's bullied, Loki."