[2] HAPPY FAMILY.

WHILE THE GROUP sat by the fire listening intently to rick explaining how he got to this point right here

WHILE THE GROUP sat by the fire listening intently to rick explaining how he got to this point right here. no one seemed to think about how the younger dixon would feel on the news of his brother.

no one but lilac.

ever since glenn announced that they left merle on a roof in the city, all she could think about was how daryl would react when he returned from hunting.

lilac disliked merle with every bone in her body, but for some reason she felt sympathetic, not towards merle, but towards daryl.

later that evening lilac and carl made their way to the tent they both shared, she tucked him in his sleeping bag before getting in her own and reaching to turn the night light off.

"hey lilac?" carl called out as they both laid in separate sleeping bags, "what is it darling?" she asked turning her head towards his side of the tent.

"i'm just glad dad's okay." he began, "i'm just really happy." he smiled before gently closing his eyes falling into a deep slumber.

"me too, darling, me too." lilac whispered, and what she said was true, for the first time since the world turned cold, lilac was genuinely really happy.

THE NEXT MORNING lilac still had her happy buzz as she was sat by the fire with glenn, but her happiness was soon ripped away upon hearing the screams of both carl and sophia

without any hesitation, lilac was on her feet and sprinting through the trees searching for her nephew, the rest of the group wasn't too far behind.

"CARL" she screamed as her heart raced, scanning all her surroundings before her eyes finally found carl and sophia. she immediately rushed towards him, "you okay? no bites?" she panicked as she grabbed both his arm checking him.

he shook his head no before engulfing lilac into a massive hug, the men were quick to the scene, spotting the walker that got both carl and sophia shaken up.

lilac passed carl over to lori as much as to carl's dismay of wanting to stay with his auntie. as she made her way to the men dale had swung an axe right into the neck of the once normal human.