[1] THE NEW WORLD.

Introduction.

A story in which two people find something beautiful in an ugly world.

LIFE HAD CHANGED drastically for the grimes family, their way of living was changed too soon for them

The world as we know it was barely keeping itself together, crumbling at every moment, ready to give in and destruct.

The dead now roam and the living stay in the shadows, it's been two months since the human race had to adjust to this nasty world, a world full of walkers.

A world that was no longer beautiful.

____

LILAC

Lilac sat upon dale's RV, skimming the pages of her beloved book, reading was something she could never get bored of.

She enjoyed the quiet, she liked to try and feel normal for just a millisecond, before being pulled back into reality.

Reading could always take her into a world of her own, forget her troubles and live with the words on delicate paper.

But her nightmares always caught up with her.

That nightmare was her brother, Rick.

She just couldn't accept that he was dead, she was stubborn that way, the day shane rushed them out of the hospital when all hell broke loose felt like centuries ago. Yet Lilac still remembered the pain that emitted through her body.

But if he was gone, really gone. Lilac knew he was in a better place now, and that's why she did everything in her power to raise Carl like a kid should be raised.

Since the world turned cold, it became the survival of the fittest, groups were formed and bonds were made.

Lilac got along with everyone in their group, she had made an impeccable friendship with Glenn Rhee, and formed an even stronger bond with her nephew.

Dale also took a liking in lilac's mind, he would tell her stories of when he was her age, update her on any history he may know, and let her read his books stored in the RV.

But their was someone else, a lone wolf, someone you don't want to provoke.

Lilac took an interest in him, Daryl Dixon.

She tried to study him, or steal a couple glances to understand who he really was behind the walls he's forcing up.

But what Lilac didn't know, was that Daryl would also steal glances and took a liking towards her.

____

DARYL

When the world ended, it was Daryl's awakening call, to become who he was meant to be.