[6] MORE THAN YOU THINK.

THE GROUP STOOD dumbfounded as they saw the shutters open

THE GROUP STOOD dumbfounded as they saw the shutters open. "daryl, you cover back." shane yelled as lilac and the group walked inside the building.

"anybody infected?" asked a blonde man with a rifle in his hands. "one of our group was, he didn't make it." rick answered causing lilac to hold onto carl a little tighter.

"why are you here? what do you want?" the man asked as he began to lower his rifle slightly. "a chance." lilac spoke up, "that's asking for an awful lot these days." he replied expressionless. "i know." lilac said to him.

"you all submit to a blood test. that's the price of admission." he announced as he looked among the group. "we can do that." rick spoke for everyone which allowed the man to fully lower his gun.

"you got stuff to bring in, you do it now. once this door closes it stays closed." he said as the men went grab the bags, "i'll get yer shit." daryl said quietly to lilac, she nodded in response.

once all of the group's belongings were brought inside the unnamed man lead them to the elevator. where they all squeezed in, lilac stood infront of daryl with carl stood just to the side of her.

"rick grimes." he introduced himself extending his arm, "dr. edwin jenner." he said as he shook his hand. "doctors always go 'round packin' heat like that?" as daryl spoke lilac could feel his breath against the back of her neck causing a weird feeling in her stomach.

"there were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. but you look harmless enough." jenner spoke giving a small smile begore his eyes landed on carl; "except you, i'll have to keep my eye on you." he joked which only caused lilac to wrap her arm slightly around her nephews shoulder.

daryl noticed how uncomfortable lilac was feeling so he lightly nudged her arm sending her a nod. lilac understood what he meant and let go of carl trying to ease herself the rest of the elevator ride.

jenner lead the group down a hallway which was clearly underground. "are we underground?" carol asked with worry in her voice. "are you claustrophobic?" he glanced towards carol, "a little." she timidly spoke.

"try not to think about it." he spoke causing lilac to roll her eyes at his bluntness.

"VI, bring up the lights in the big room." jenner called out as the group entered a room full of technology that astonished lilac. "welcome to zone 5." he spoke turning to face everybody.

confusion was plastered on everyone's face as they noticed no other people present, lilac was the only one to not notice as she laid her eyes at the room she was in. only to be brought out of her admiration when daryl elbowed her side lightly.