Chapter 13

Tam's P.O.V.

I woke up to the ache of broken bones and the taste of blood in my mouth. I opened my eyes widly, I was in a hospital bed connected to a machine. I had never been hear before, the last thing I remember is wanting to get into a room in the house, after that everything is black. I try to sit up but it's worthless and just causes me unbearable pain. I try to move something smaller. I move my left hand slowly and easily, I sigh in relief. I try moving my other hand but I realize that I can't even feel it. I start to panic. What exactly happened to me? My panic comes into my throat and a rough moan comes out of my mouth. I realize how dry my throat is. Soon a nurse came running, she looked younger than me but at the same time older, "Hello sweetheart" she said greeting me. "I need water," I murmured in a hurry. The girl smiled and passed me a bottle of water. I grabbed desperately with my left hand and drank it until I finished the bottle, my throat still felt a little bit dry but I was okay. "Hi thanks," I said. The girl nodded, "I'm Xephora, the main nurse in the infirmary, you must be full of questions. I can't awnser them but my sister, Hope, will when she arrives. But until them I need to run a few tests on you so that I know that everything is 'okay." I nodded and gulped, what kind of tests would it be? I was afraid but soon Xephora had finished the tests she needed to run and everything seemed fine, but I had a broken rib, my right hand all broken and a 1st grade burn on the same hand. Then a guy came in, his name was Alex he was good looking but I couldn't really focus on anything. The few next hours were just a blur, people came in and came out but couldn't really see their faces or hear what they said to me. Then all of a sudden, I was in another scenery. It was some sort of office a girl was in front of me, she had a small smile on her face, she was somewhat intimidating but I remembered that I shouldn't judge for someone's looks. Alex was in the room too, he was standing in the door waiting for something but nothing really happened. "Hello," the girl infront of me said, "My name is Hope." With that she offered her her hand, I shook it. "I'm Tamara," I said stiffly. "You must have a lot of questions, right?" Her tone was confident. I clearly realized that she was a natural leader. I nodded and looked down, I still had no idea where I was or what had happened. "Well, I'm going to do my best to awnser those questions, okay?" She asked me and I nodded again, still looking down. "So anyway, you are in the Destrian West school on Green Lane, you were brought by Noah Hammilton and Zamm Whatever her last name is." I looked at her. What about Shy, what had happened to her? "Did somebody else come with them?" I asked brathing heavenly. Hope thought about it, but it was Alex the one to respond, "Yeah they brougth another girl she's still in the infirmary though." He studied me for a long pause and then he added, "I believe her name is Shy or something between those lines." I sighed, at least she's here. For a moment I was worried Zamm might have killed her. I could never trust that girl, even if they appeared to be friends. I asked a couple more questions and then they told me I would have a week free to settling into the system. After that, Alex showed me "the facilites" and then asked to be basically his roomate.

I got out into the patio, there was no one in here except for the guards looking outside for any threats. In the loneliness, I could feel him around. His ghost hanging from my broken heart. Seeing him loose the light in his eyes like that was so intence for me, I couldn't believe that he was gone. I thought our future together had just begun, but I guess I was wrong. I would have done anything for him, maybe if I wouldn't have accepted being his girlfriend, I would have been okay with it if that could have saved his life. But it wasn't my fault or his, there was only one person to blame and that was Zamm. The way she didn't even flitch while killing him, she's a monster and I know it. I don't know how I didn't kill her the second I had the chance, but maybe I did. If I killed her, I would be just like her, a monster. But I want revenge so badly. I was angry at her, she deserved to die and go to hell and suffer forever. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. A tear rolled down my cheek. Why did he have to die? He didn't do anything bad, he was just a good person and he died so young. Or maybe he was lucky, the people that are still on this earth are the ones that will suffer the most, the people out here are the ones that deserve the worse. Maybe I'll just make sure that Zamm stays alive and that all of her loved ones die, and she'll know how it feels. The emptiness just eating your soul until you have nothing left, you are basically are a zombie but you're still alive. I kind of think this is what Shy felt, numbness. The feeling of nothingness, of just wanting to be gone. Everyone in this world will suffer more than in the other. Our souls might never rest. I break down in tears. I can't turn off my brain, but if I could I would because everything inside is just dark and sad. Everything goes blurry again.