Chapter 1

Shy's P.O.V.

I get home and I hear a noise that is coming from my backyard. I grab a knife and go outside. I hear the backdoor close and I start to get tense. The bush moves. My senses sharp, Ii get closer to the bush with my knife ready to attack. I see someone trying to bite me, a walker. My first instinct is to it in the head with my knife, so I do. I grab my knife back and go inside. I close the backdoor and all the windows. I hear the front door open. I leave my knife in the table and grab my gun. Those things aren't capable of opening that door. I walk slowly to the door. I aim the gun to the door as it opens. I inhale deeply and put my finger in the trigger as someone walks in. "Hello, babe" says a voice that I know really well. I relax and lower the gun. "The one and only Daryl Dixon" I smile and hug him. He hugs back. I let go and he closes the door. We push the couch to lean against the door. I go to the kitchen and grab two cans of food. "Here you go" I say as I throw one of the cans to Daryl. I sit next to him and eat. "We have to go pretty soon, we don't have many food left" he looks at me and I nod. "Tonight is our last night here," I mumble without looking at him.

I go upstairs quickly and go straight to the biggest room. I jump into the bed and shout "I shot the big bedroom tonight". "No fair, sweetheart" I hear him say, then he says something else but it's to late because I already stopped listening, I'm to tired to listen. My eyes slowly close until I'm asleep.

I'm with my mom in the dining room. We're eating dinner, barbeque beef with smashed potatoes, my favorite. It feels like a lifetime ago that I ate that. I take a bite and it feels perfect, but each bite I take it feels worse and worse. I look down at my plate but the table it's gone. I look at my mom, who is still seated like nothing was happening, and then I look around. This feels so wrong. I look at my mom again but she isn't seated, she's standing up and turning away. "Mom?" I try to say but it doesn't come out. I start to panic, what the fuck is happening?! I try to stand up but I can't do that either. I look down at myself, terrified. I'm tied up! There are chains all over my body! I try to get out but it's useless. Whoever that did this didn't want me to leave. I look at my mom again, seeking some kind of help. The first thing I see about her is that she has a knife in her hand, she isn't turning away anymore, she's looking at me with her creepy smile. Fuck no! All the things she has done to me hit me like a low blow. She slowly gets closer to me. I try to get away but I can't. I can barely breathe. The tears come out when I can feel her breathe. God please not again! "Don't be scared honey, this is for your own good" she mumbles and strokes my hair with her hand. The bitterness and the anger come fast as she touches me. Her smile crooks a little more as she prepares herself, she grabs the knife hard ready to do it. Here it comes again. She stabs the knife on my knee with all her strength. The pain comes rushing. I close my eyes and turn my head up as I scream at the top of my lungs, even though it only comes out as a moan. I look at my mom again through the pain. She has anther knife out. I don't want this anymore. I try to resist but there's no use in that. She stabs the other knife with more strength and twists it a little bit. The pain comes stronger. It's too much. I start to loose my sight as the tears come out. "Not more, please" I try to shout but again nothing comes out. "Don't worry baby, the worst hasn't happened yet," she says walking away and laughing. I look around again. There's a chamber in the center of the room and the door is open. I stiff, what did she mean when she said the worst hasn't happened. Someone, or something, walks in, but I'm to distracted to know whom. I hold my breath as I turn my head up slowly. It's a walker. Fuck! I try to move and do something but I'm still tied up. The pain comes to me again because of the knives stabbed in my knees, it hurts like hell. The walker gets closer as I try to get out as I cry. The walker finally gets were I am and, as he bites me, I shout my heart out.

I scream and look around. It didn't happen. Not this time. It was just a dream. I breathe deeply, it's okay. Everything is going to be okay. Daryl comes running to my room with his crossbow. "Everything okay?" he asks really meaning it. I nod, "just a little nightmare". He nods and goes out of my room leaving me alone again. I go to the bathroom and wash my face. "It didn't happen again, calm down" I mumble to myself even though I know my demons are going to torture me till my end. I go to my room again and grab from my bag some clothes. I grab a pair of high-wasted shorts, my black sweater that says ¨Teenage Dirt bag¨ and some ankle booties. I change and go for my first aid kit I keep in my bag. I sit on my bed. I take a deep breath and take the bandages off of my knees. The wounds are still deep enough to see my bone but to see all the way through, like before. What was the last time my mom did this to me? Like six months ago, just before Daryl helped me escape. He has helped since then and I have helped him. I was happy for the first time in a long time, since I escaped from her, but the walkers had to come and ruin everything. It's been two weeks now and it seems we won't last many more weeks. I look for hydrogen peroxide in the first aid kit. I find it and pour some of it in both on my knees. The pain comes along and a few tears get out, but it doesn't compare to the pain my mom made me feel. The white foamy stuff disappears. I put on new bandages and go down.