Chapter 7

Shy's P.O.V.
We stood on the front door, my heart beating a hundred miles per hour. There was no backing out now. "Ready?" Zamm asked, I nodded not really sure. With a fast leg movement the door came open, if somebody was living there I don't know how they survived millions of walkers pounding on the door, it would have broken. I inhaled deeply and walked in. The house was almost the same. Same furniture, same decorations, same details. It was so real, like I had never left. "Where do we go?" Zamm was now standing beside me, inspecting the surroundings. Were would my mother be? Where is the safest place from, basicly, everything? The dungeon. I gulped, I didn't want to go back to that place. Not in a million years. "To the left," I said, even though it came out more of something like a whisper. She waited for me to lead, so I took a step ahead and then turned left, even if all of my senses told me to run and never come back. I could head my beat fasten the closer I got. The dungeon was downstairs, first you had to walk to one of the corners of the house were there was a door, always with lock. The door leads to a staircase which leads to the basement. On the basement's floor there's a secret trapdoor, covered with a rug, that has a ladder leading to the door of the dungeon. This door has five different key locks plus a password lock, from inside the door has no locks or handles, if you're in you're trapped. The dungeon from inside is dirty, I don't think my mother has clean it since I was born, it's full of chains and other elements of turture. There's also a couch, not that I have ever used it, but it's for her, so that she can watch her victims, like me.

I grabbed the handle of the door at the end of the hall, I inhaled deeply and try to turned it. It's lock. That's a sign, she probably is inside. I sigh. "Do you have a bobby pin?" I ask, Zamm just takes out one off her hair and gives it to me, making her black hair fall into her shoulders. "Thanks" I say grabbing it. Soon enough the lock budged. I breathed out and gave the pin back to Zamm. I carefully stepped down the stairs remembering how I used to do it, gun on my head, knife on my back. The basement was cold and dark, I liked it dark though. It gave me some kind of security. I didn't even try to light on the bulb, probably no electricity. Instead I got out a flashlight I had somewhere in one of my backpacks. The basement was the same, almost. Everything was in it's exact place, everything but the washing machine, it was now placed on top of the trap door. My heart skipped a beat. She's in there, I had a feeling before but now I was sure. "Come on! Help me," I said maybe to loudly as I ran to the washing machine and started pushing it backwards. Zamm arrived next to me a few seconds later. We both pushed until the machine was completly out of the way. I got on my knees and pushed the rug away. Zamm got down next to me, and togehter, we opened the trap door. I pointed my flashlight towards it, the old ladder was still there, a few steps more and there was the door. We've made it this far, no turning back now. That's the only thought that kept me going. "Hold this," I gave Zamm the flashlight. I grabbed the ladder and carefully stepped down. I always thought that it was more possible to die on this ladder, than to die inside. I stepped on to the ground, silently thanking I didn't die, "Pass me the flashlight, you can do this." I said to Zamm, we were a good team, and I'm usually not that great in teamwork. She threw the flashlight down, I almost didn't catch it. She then got into the ladder and climbed down maybe a little too fast. The ladder crooked so much I thought it was going to come down.

The door was right there, right in front of me. The door I never wanted to see, but I always saw. My final oppstacle to get my revenge, the one I need so much. The keys to the locks were also right there, my mother would leave them in a crystal box next to the dungeon, it was also secured with a key. She had lots and lots of keys, but she wouldn't keep the dungeon ones with her, they were too important. Each of those keyes had engraved with 'V.S.', Victoria Skylar, and so was the handle of the door. "Have that pin again?" I asked Zamm as inspected the box closer, she would always open the box, but then she would hand me the keys and made me open the door. Maybe it was more fun for her that way, she knew that I knew what was about to happen to me and maybe that opening the door would mean that I accepted it or something like that. "Here," Zamm said and passed me the pin over my shoulder. I grabbed and moved it inside the lock a couple times making it budge. I opened the crystal box and got out the keys carefully. The feeling of them in my hands made me a reminder of all the horrible things. I sighed. I carefully unlocked every lock and placed them on the floor. Before continuing with the passcode one, I warned Zamm, "They might be just at the other side of the door, there are weapons inside, a lot, so be carefull." I didn't want to say the last thing, it just came out of my mouth but if felt right. Zamm shot me a warm smile, "You too." She then got out her katana. I proceded to take out the passcode lock, combination 8733, or as my mother thought "VSED" that means Victoria Skylar Ethan Dixon. The lock came off so I opened the door. Just as fast a mad Ethan Dixon came out and throwed himself over Zamm. I looked to be sure she was okay, but she seemed to be enjoying it.