8.

"If love can fade, then so can pain."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** flashback ***

6 months ago 

I entered the Mystic Falls Grill and saw Damon sitting next to the bar, of course. His second home. I walked next to him. The moment I saw his lovely face and his face structures, a smile grew on my lips. 

"Someone's checking me out," he said and pressed a light kiss on my lips. 

"Mhm." I messed up his hair a little bit, "you called me, what's wrong?" 

"Can I not ask to see my girlfriend?" 

"I was going to sleep over at your house tonight Damon- can't you stay away from me for 2 hours?" I asked, giggling. 

"I wanna talk to you about something." he started getting more serious. And I hated the serious Damon. 

"Ok- I'm listening." I said, also getting more serious. 

"Not here." he looked around the Grill and noticed Stefan looking at us, "Donovan!" he called out for Matt as he drank the last sip of his drink, "I'll be back." 

He got out of his seat, held my hand, and drifted me out from the Grill. We walked until we reached the woods. 

He was acting very strange. 

"Katherine-" he stopped me and turned his body towards me, "you know that your existence is the only thing keeping Stefan alive, right?" he said. 

Bonnie had linked me and Stefan after Elijah threatened to kill him due to Stefan making Rebekah guilty about staying besides her brothers, which made Rebekah leave Klaus and Elijah to live her own life.

And since Elijah fancied me, he now couldn't kill Stefan because we were linked. 

"Yes." I said grabbing his hands, "We'll save him. I promise." I knew how much he loved his brother even though he hated to admit it. 

"I know. I know but you know I dislike leaving everything to chances." 

He grabbed my stomach tightly. Pulled me into his body.

Bit his wrist.

Before his wrist healed quickly he held it against my mouth and I had no choice but to drink it. 

There was no other words than "Damon stop!" coming out of my mouth. 

Without hesitating, he snapped my neck.

He turned me into a vampire to make it sure that Stefan would live forever.

How could someone love a person too much and hate them as much?

*now*

The memory still found its place in my nightmares.